FoxFi After ICS Update

Kenn159

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi worked fine for me until i did a ICS update on my Sprint Galaxy S2 phone.
I kept getting the notice to update to ICS and just kept ignoring it, then I said what the hey..now I'm paying the price..foxfi wont work.

I tried a hard reset..no luck.
I called sprint, they said call your local sprints store and they will downgrade to ginger bread, but when I called the sprint store [three of them] they all said they can not down grade a op sys once it has been installed.[the old phones used to have this ability]

My advise to everyone.
If your phone is working well, try to find a option under settings to disable alert messages and keep using using your current op sys as long as you own the phone.
Theses companies are getting really slick and putting things in your upgrades that limit functionality.
Sprint disabled the ability at Goggle Play to download Foxfi, not they went the next step to prevent it's use in ICS.

Upgraders beware.

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had not seen that. Nice! I actually did like having it with gb, was kinda shocked when I found out I couldn't use it on ics

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Per Foxfi.com/bin, where the download link is found for us Sprinters, they are still working on support for the SGSIII and Epic Touch with ICS update. :( Hope they're able to break thru the Great Wall Sprint erected!:D

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have ginger bread on my Samsung galaxy S3 and I downloaded foxfi from the Google website and still won't work on the S3.

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't get the side-loading to work for me. Installed it just fine, but my computer would not connect.

Here's the link to FoxFi's website.
Here's the link to the page with a link to the apk.

Hope you have better luck than me.

** I'm running ICS. Installed it with the manual update method, not the OTA.

Thank you for the link but still don't work on my sprint galaxy S3, with my Nexus 7 tablet. It won't connect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jaslilley

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Dear foxfi,
I knew you were too good to be a true

This is not a Foxfi issue. This is a carrier issue. Carriers do not want us to have free tether even though it costs them no more than if we were using data through our phones. It's just their way of trying to get us to pay to tether. Last I heard Foxfi was working on a workaround but I'm sure they more workarounds they create, the more carriers will just block them.

jaslilley

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It still says that...

FoxFi Installer
*Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on. Should be compatible soon in a future update.

It still says they are working on it all the way at the bottom.....FoxFi Installer

I need them to update ASAP. I need my tablet to connect outside of my house. Otherwise it's just an Angry Birds machine for my kids lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC