A "not so noob" noob here...
    Following qbking77's instructions, tried to update to ICS ff24 today. All works well until the update process begins. The progress bar only gets about a third of the way, disappears leaving only the Android guy and the triangle with the exclamation point.
    The phone is rooted, I'm using Titanium Backup.
    It just seems that something on the phone is keeping the update from finishing. I had downloaded a bunch of apps from Play, but have deleted most after saving tibu file.
    Should I do a factory reset? Will a reset undo the root?
    My DH's phone, same GS2E4T, had no problems.
    Thanks for any help.
    07-22-2012 03:46 AM
    Im not aware of a ff24 version for this phone. The latest update was based on ff18, are you are flashing the proper version for epic 4g touch?
    07-22-2012 10:32 AM
    Following qbking77's instructions, tried to update to ICS ff24 today. All works well until the update process begins. The progress bar only gets about a third of the way, disappears leaving only the Android guy and the triangle with the exclamation point.
    It just seems that something on the phone is keeping the update from finishing. I had downloaded a bunch of apps from Play, but have deleted most after saving tibu file.
    Thanks for any help.
    No you are EXTREMELY noob. Not a little. FF24 does not Exist. FF18 is the newest version out to date.
    MrpicC likes this.
    07-22-2012 10:47 AM
    Haven't heard of a FF24...
    07-22-2012 10:52 AM
    I think he meant FE24. Lol.
    07-22-2012 11:04 AM
    Thanks for any help.
    Oh my gosh. At least most of the noobs know the current version number. My gosh! You've disgraced me with your presence. Off, peasant!
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    07-22-2012 12:10 PM
    Oh my gosh. At least most of the noobs know the current version number. My gosh! You've disgraced me with your presence. Off, peasant!
    Thats funny

Beers for everyone...

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
    07-22-2012 12:21 PM
    OK, OK, got the message. Noob noob am I. Anyhow, thanks for the replies.
    07-22-2012 05:52 PM
    Discourteous repliers,

This is about which I was inquiring. Yes, it's FD instead not FF. I would have appreciated you all teaching this noob instead of the heaping of disdain. I hope you will be more courteous with others who post questions here and wish to learn.

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showth...ICS-update-zip!

BTW, this worked just fine on the other Epic Touch in the house.
    chew dz likes this.
    07-22-2012 06:58 PM
    they aren't lol

Is FD24 better than ff18?

That's all 4.0.3 right
    07-22-2012 07:24 PM
    Ok. Ok. First off FD24 is from April 24 2012. FD is April. FE is May and FF is June. You want to load FF18 not FD24 as it is really outdated.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=189536

[OTA][FF18][Official] EL29 to FF18 Update.zip

^^^Use this to update manually.
    07-22-2012 08:12 PM
    Discourteous repliers,

This is about which I was inquiring. Yes, it's FD instead not FF. I would have appreciated you all teaching this noob instead of the heaping of disdain. I hope you will be more courteous with others who post questions here and wish to learn.

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showth...ICS-update-zip!

BTW, this worked just fine on the other Epic Touch in the house.
    I was courteous but you chose to ignore my reply. Honestly you shouldn't be flashing stuff on this phone if you don't know what you are doing. Thats how bricks happen, people don't even know what they are flashing. You want advice then read, read, read then watch qbking77 videos on youtube then read some more and make an educated decision about what to do with your phone.
    07-22-2012 10:52 PM
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum and this is my first posting of this type --- I stumbled upon it because I am having the same issue as first stated in this thread. I have downloaded the "Correct" ics update from XDA web-site and have followed the proper procedure on how to load the update. However when the loading process gets about 30% as stated by the first poster in the beginning of this thread, which no one seemed to help but rather ridiculed him on his spelling and incorrect typing etc... the update freezes and I am left with a white triangle with an orange exclamation point and a green android guy. It stays frozen until I do a reboot which takes me back to the original "Gingerbread" state. (I left the phone frozen for over two hours) - I have tried several times, and even when I finally received the OTA update and began the normal process - it locked up the phone also with the same triangle etc.... Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it ?? Or is this just a forum for ridicule and smart comments rather than Help and Assistance ? Just asking. I purchased my GS2 epic touch off ebay and was told that it was never rooted, and I don't know how to root a phone - so is this happening because maybe the phone was actually rooted before I got it and it is not stock ? If so, how do I get the new ICS update on my phone, is there a way to undo the root that was done before I purchased it. I would truly appreciate some assistance if anyone knows what is going on here. Thank you for your time and valued experience. Hopefully I and the first poster can be helped through this forum, which is why it was created in the first place.. to share ideas, experience, knowledge, help, assistance. Thanks again for any support that can be offered.
    07-23-2012 12:45 PM
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum and this is my first posting of this type --- I stumbled upon it because I am having the same issue as first stated in this thread. I have downloaded the "Correct" ics update from XDA web-site and have followed the proper procedure on how to load the update. However when the loading process gets about 30% as stated by the first poster in the beginning of this thread, which no one seemed to help but rather ridiculed him on his spelling and incorrect typing etc... the update freezes and I am left with a white triangle with an orange exclamation point and a green android guy. It stays frozen until I do a reboot which takes me back to the original "Gingerbread" state. (I left the phone frozen for over two hours) - I have tried several times, and even when I finally received the OTA update and began the normal process - it locked up the phone also with the same triangle etc.... Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it ?? Or is this just a forum for ridicule and smart comments rather than Help and Assistance ? Just asking. I purchased my GS2 epic touch off ebay and was told that it was never rooted, and I don't know how to root a phone - so is this happening because maybe the phone was actually rooted before I got it and it is not stock ? If so, how do I get the new ICS update on my phone, is there a way to undo the root that was done before I purchased it. I would truly appreciate some assistance if anyone knows what is going on here. Thank you for your time and valued experience. Hopefully I and the first poster can be helped through this forum, which is why it was created in the first place.. to share ideas, experience, knowledge, help, assistance. Thanks again for any support that can be offered.
    I ran into the same issue before. Look up xda developers forum on android development for this phone. Find the thread by sfhub about Odin ff18. Follow those instructions. It will root your phone via your computer rather than mobile recovery. Try that and go from there. ICS and root. Great combo.
    07-27-2012 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD