Hey guys, going to root today finally. Just wondering if anyone can give me a list, or an easy way to know what bloatware on ics is safe to remove. I don't want to go crazy and make the phone unstable. Just want it to run leaner and meaner. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-22-2012 07:46 AM
    Hey guys, going to root today finally. Just wondering if anyone can give me a list, or an easy way to know what bloatware on ics is safe to remove. I don't want to go crazy and make the phone unstable. Just want it to run leaner and meaner. Thanks!

Flash a rom
    07-22-2012 07:47 AM
    I am considering doing just that, but wanted to see how it runs with the stock. Used sfhub one click, was easy and simple. Rooted now and just want to tinker with it for now. How do I start with just removing apps I don't want?

07-22-2012 01:36 PM
    Download an app like root freezer or SD maid and get all that bloatware taken care of. If you are unsure of what an app is, leave it alone. You won't see any performance gains unless you flash a new rom/kernel. It's nice to get rid if all the unused apps though.

07-22-2012 01:50 PM
    I am loving this so far. I had sdmaid before root, but damn it is better now! I have a feeling I will be flashing a romantic soon. Thanks guys!

07-22-2012 02:01 PM
    Rom not romantic, damn SwiftKey sometimes!
    07-22-2012 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD