I finally made the move from my blackberry curve to a Samsung S2. Given sprint would support Wimax through 2015, and the phone could be had New for < $50....not to mention that my screen was fading in and out - it was a good time for me upgrade. I used the curve for phone, email and text...that's about it.
    So OK, now I need to get up to speed real fast. Prior to delving into the online Sprint manual (200+ pages), with me being an android noob, could a few of you more experienced S2 uses make some suggestions. I'd very much appreciate it!
    07-22-2012 05:48 PM
    I'm stupefied...or rather disappointed.
    With me running 2.3.6, EL29 Kernel, no one is even going to make the case for me to upgrade to ICS or (dare I say) not to upgrade.
    Please... I have read all the tutorials.
    What you have here is someone with a brand new phone...I've had it less than 3 hours.
    If you were in my shoes, what would you what would you want to accomplish with in over the next day or two?
    07-22-2012 06:16 PM
    I would suggest playing with your phone for a couple of days or so. Learn the wonders of Android before you start doing any modding. Play around with the different home launchers & try out some live wallpapers. Start browsing the market.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-22-2012 06:21 PM
    I would suggest playing with your phone for a couple of days or so. Learn the wonders of Android before you start doing any modding. Play around with the different home launchers & try out some live wallpapers. Start browsing the market.

Bingo. Get used to everything the phone can do and learn your way around it before trying to overhaul it. Who knows, you might love it the way it is and not want to change anything (other than adding your own choice of apps, of course)
    07-22-2012 06:37 PM
    Thank you...very good advice.
    Will do.
    07-22-2012 06:40 PM
    i felt the same way as you when i upgraded from a...palm treo!
    07-23-2012 02:52 AM
    i felt the same way as you when i upgraded from a...palm treo!
    Yes, a bit overwhelming...
    I had a Palm 650 when I upgraded to the BB curve....it was like night and day then, just as it is now.
    07-23-2012 07:03 AM

Bingo. Get used to everything the phone can do and learn your way around it before trying to overhaul it. Who knows, you might love it the way it is and not want to change anything (other than adding your own choice of apps, of course)
    Agreed.

When I got the E4GT and activated it, all I did was play around with it. In my case I was familiar with Android and came from a Motorola Photon. 9 times out of 10 I like to (try to) keep the phone stock before rooting and modding.
    07-23-2012 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD