So 3 weeks ago i took my phone in for a battery charge issue and the guy took it apart and said nothing was wrong with it. After i did the ICS update like the rest of us my amazing phone turned into a brick that i couldnt even use. Two factory resets and cleared cache later the phone was still having wifi, 4g, battery drain, and 40% android os usage.

So i talked to sprint again today for like an hour and they told me that when i took the phone in earlier they said it had water damage. WTF this phone has NEVER seen water. maybe some sweat. So i asked to see the paper that changes color. The thing was barely even pink maybe one corner.. So they wouldnt replace it. he offered to do s different type of factory reset that he had to type in a special code.

So now im on a the 3 reset and things are kinda better. Wifi working, 4g semi working, android OS is down to 6% usage.

Still need to figure out a way to get the S3 though. lol just thought i would share that with you.
    07-23-2012 09:22 PM
    Why would you get another samsung phone after this mess?
    07-24-2012 03:01 AM
    I used to be a sprint repair tech. Try going to a different sprint store. That tech was just being overly picky with the pink litmus paper. You can also request tech support to replace it but will always be the same model. They will almost never upgrade you to the newer model without a new contract, and that's only if you are eligible.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-24-2012 08:43 AM
    Yea they were trying to work out a way to get the s3... They were saying i could Add a line to my contract, buy back my phone for 99 bucks and then sign up for the sprint connect thing which would be 100 off a new phone plus the thing was free.... They said if i did that they could put my other number into a seasonal shut down mode or something so it would freeze the phone for 6 months and would not have to pay for the line. very complicated and what not but almost worth it lol...

As of today though my phone is working awesome! The battery life after the reset he did is awesome. yesterday the battery was at 50% after 5 hours off the charger. today im still at 90%
    07-24-2012 10:44 AM
    But remember, the seasonal suspention will add 6 months to the contract. Sometimes they fail to tell you that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-24-2012 10:59 AM
    So 3 weeks ago i took my phone in for a battery charge issue and the guy took it apart and said nothing was wrong with it. After i did the ICS update like the rest of us my amazing phone turned into a brick that i couldnt even use. Two factory resets and cleared cache later the phone was still having wifi, 4g, battery drain, and 40% android os usage.

So i talked to sprint again today for like an hour and they told me that when i took the phone in earlier they said it had water damage. WTF this phone has NEVER seen water. maybe some sweat. So i asked to see the paper that changes color. The thing was barely even pink maybe one corner.. So they wouldnt replace it. he offered to do s different type of factory reset that he had to type in a special code.

So now im on a the 3 reset and things are kinda better. Wifi working, 4g semi working, android OS is down to 6% usage.

Still need to figure out a way to get the S3 though. lol just thought i would share that with you.
    Funny...I got the same thing from my local Sprint store when I'd had my GSII for less than 2 days and the menu would pop up randomly 5-10x quickly when the phone wasn't even being used, that it looked like it had gotten wet. Whatever! Now I'm waiting on a replacement as they couldn't fix the menu pop up issue and it was driving me NUTS.
    07-24-2012 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD