ICS Update STOPPED Sprint Rep said

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Sprint store yesterday where I purchased my phone from. I told the rep about my battery and G4 issues after the ICS disaster upgrade. He told me he knows all about the issues and that Sprint has stopped the ICS upgrade due to all the problems it has caused. He said I can take the phone into corporate to see what they can do for me.

I will be going into a corporate store today to get this issue worked out.

I don't know if you want to consider this official from Sprint, but rep confirmed ICS updates have stopped for now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

chew dz

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Dark_Knight2 was right. Smh n everyone scolded him cuz they though he was lieing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dark_Knight2 was right. Smh n everyone scolded him cuz they though he was lieing.

Not quite. One user thought he was lying. I don't blame DK2 one bit for getting upset. The rest of us just wanted to know the source as there was conflicting information coming out. Without knowing the source, it's hard to judge who is better informed. After all, we all know that everything you read on the internet is true. ;)

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
See guys. Im not here to decive anyone. I have 3 internal sources within tech support that I get info from regularly. Im not mad or angry but it was very harsh how I was treated when I made that thread. Im not going to post something that isnt 99% true. :)

Hopefully I got my trust back from the users now.

Thank you OP for confirming what was already known by me 5 days ago.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not quite. One user thought he was lying. I don't blame DK2 one bit for getting upset. The rest of us just wanted to know the source as there was conflicting information coming out. Without knowing the source, it's hard to judge who is better informed. After all, we all know that everything you read on the internet is true. ;)

Ya it was dtm_stretch but it was a horrible case of misidentity on his part. We got it settled via pms so no harm no foul. All is forgiven. :cool:

Reactions: dtm_stretch

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Let me know what the corporate store says.

So I went to the corporate store today to talk to them about my issues after the ICS upgrade.

I walked into the store and was asked if I could be helped. I spoke to the rep and told her what my issues are. She said to me that this is the 1st time she has heard of any issues with the ICS update. She told me she has the same as me, Galaxy SII and that she has no problems at all with it. I said, well, maybe you should check the Web out because there are many people having issues with ICS. She had the nerve to say to me, that she didn't have to because her phone was working fine. This is a Sprint Rep at the store telling me this. I looked at her and wanted to go off on her, but kept it in.

The area where this store is located has G4 towers all around so the G4 signal was full. I told her to go ahead and turn the G4 on and try to surf. She turned it on and went to google.com from the Web browser. She said, look your G4 is working. I said, really, why don't you go on an do a search now and see how far you get. She tried to do a search and she saw that there was a problem because she was getting NOWHERE!

She then has the b@lls to tell me that my issue with my G4 and battery are because I over charge my phone. I wanted to ask her if she is a . She took the battery out my phone spun it on the table and she said, your battery is warped. You over charge your phone or you charge it too much. At this point I wanted to scream! I told her I never let my phone charge over night, I ALWAYS unplug my phone from the charger as soon as it's done charging. She said I can sell you a battery. I was like you're kidding right?

She was like take it to the service center a few blocks down and they will check your phone out. No one else is having this issue. That's when I decided to just leave. You can't reason with stupid, you just CAN'T!

I then called Sprint and told them by issue and how unknowledgeable the people at the Sprint stores are. He said he is sorry for my issues and he also confirms that Sprint is very much aware of all the issues ICS has caused and they are working on a fix. He said he was going to call me later on tonight after he talks with his Supervisor to see what they could do for me.

I'm telling you man...these morons at Sprint are unbelievable.

That lady also tried to tell me that it was one of my Apps causing the issue. I said really? Well how do you explain this, I did a factory reset and restored all my Apps one by one with no data just apps and yet, my battery went to [deleted] When things were working perfect before this update. She had nothing to say...like I said you can't reason with stupid!

We'll see what happens with this. I HATE YOU SPRINT!

Last edited by a moderator:

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Im waiting for my Sprint replacement to come in the mail tomorrow. My charger port broke. I hate not having a phone.

chew dz

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
So I went to the corporate store today to talk to them about my issues after the ICS upgrade.

I walked into the store and was asked if I could be helped. I spoke to the rep and told her what my issues are. She said to me that this is the 1st time she has heard of any issues with the ICS update. She told me she has the same as me, Galaxy SII and that she has no problems at all with it. I said, well, maybe you should check the Web out because there are many people having issues with ICS. She had the nerve to say to me, that she didn't have to because her phone was working fine. This is a Sprint Rep at the store telling me this. I looked at her and wanted to go off on her, but kept it in.

The area where this store is located has G4 towers all around so the G4 signal was full. I told her to go ahead and turn the G4 on and try to surf. She turned it on and went to google.com from the Web browser. She said, look your G4 is working. I said, really, why don't you go on an do a search now and see how far you get. She tried to do a search and she saw that there was a problem because she was getting NOWHERE!

She then has the b@lls to tell me that my issue with my G4 and battery are because I over charge my phone. I wanted to ask her if she is a . She took the battery out my phone spun it on the table and she said, your battery is warped. You over charge your phone or you charge it too much. At this point I wanted to scream! I told her I never let my phone charge over night, I ALWAYS unplug my phone from the charger as soon as it's done charging. She said I can sell you a battery. I was like you're kidding right?

She was like take it to the service center a few blocks down and they will check your phone out. No one else is having this issue. That's when I decided to just leave. You can't reason with stupid, you just CAN'T!

I then called Sprint and told them by issue and how unknowledgeable the people at the Sprint stores are. He said he is sorry for my issues and he also confirms that Sprint is very much aware of all the issues ICS has caused and they are working on a fix. He said he was going to call me later on tonight after he talks with his Supervisor to see what they could do for me.

That lady also tried to tell me that it was one of my Apps causing the issue. I said really? Well how do you explain this, I did a factory reset and restored all my Apps one by one with no data just apps and yet, my battery went to [deleted] When things were working perfect before this update. She had nothing to say...like I said you can't reason with stupid!

You are a better man than me lol I would a cussed that [deleted] out. I can't stand ignorant people.

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
You are a better man than me lol I would a cussed that b!#ch out. I can't stand ignorant people.

I have a short fuse... So that's why I had to walk right out. There would have been some serious ass whooping going on in that store. They are useless!!! They could care less about you and your issues. And for some reason some reps don't want to acknowledge there's an issue.

Sprint you can kiss my a$$!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
So I went to the corporate store today to talk to them about my issues after the ICS upgrade...
Man, you have every right to be fuming about the way you were treated at the Sprint store. I'm new to the GSII/E4GT phone, and I've read thru the User Guide for the phone. I don't recall reading anything cautions or warnings about overcharging the battery. So where did you find this important info about how to properly charge the battery?

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Called Samsung about the ICS update and they wanted me to send my phone out to Samsung so they could look at it. I told them my phone was fine before the ICS update. They told me that I still had to send it out to them. I just hung up on them...I was getting nowhere with them.

Called Sprint, they are sending me a "new" phone for $35 with GB. I specifically asked if it was new and they said, "yes". She said she will put it in the notes for a replacement of a "Brand New" phone. I told her if it was a refurb that I did not want it. She said, Sir it's brand new. I said ok. Called back 45 minutes later because I had a feeling this lady was pulling my leg. Spoke with a different rep and she told me there's nothing in the notes that indicates it's a new phone.

I asked if I can cancel the order, she tried and say no because the order is already marked for shipping. She said I can refuse the package from UPS and it will go back to Sprint. They are supposed to be calling me back later to tell me if the phone that shipped was a brand new phone or a refurb.

What a nightmare this has been. Sprint is horrible!

Sprint + ICS Update = FAIL!

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

This sounds almost like my experience at the corp store. Except I was sent to Mobil Toys. I too will be talking with Sprint on the phone again to let them know that the corp store is usless. And I will be getting my $35 reimbursed that I had to give to Mobil Toys. I think I may go for some money off my bill as well since my phone has been pretty much useless over the last week and will be for another week since Mobil Toys said my phone is on back order for a week. Which I'm still confused about.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Picked up my replacement today from the sprint store. To my surprise they gave me a new one sealed in rhetorically box with the charger and all. Of course I now lost the ics update. At this point I don't mind since they were having so many problems.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my replacement today from the sprint store. To my surprise they gave me a new one sealed in rhetorically box with the charger and all. Of course I now lost the ics update. At this point I don't mind since they were having so many problems.

What were your issues and what did you say to them?

All the morons at the stores I have gone too either play stupid like there's no problem with the ICS update and it's just me, or they tell me they can't help me and that I have to take my phone to a service center because the issue is with the phone not the ICS update.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine wouldnt charge. They couldnt fix it so they gave me a brand new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech