How do you Factory Reset the phone? Also will it delete only the apps or will everything on the USB and SD card get nuked.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
    07-24-2012 01:50 PM
    How do you Factory Reset the phone? Also will it delete only the apps or will everything on the USB and SD card get nuked.

First, are you rooted?

Second, factory resetting the phone will only clear the apps that you installed. Not the ones that came stock on the phone. It will not clear your sd card.
    07-24-2012 02:05 PM
    No I am not rooted. OK so the SD card is fine how about the pictures and music I have on the phone?

07-24-2012 02:17 PM
    No I am not rooted. OK so the SD card is fine how about the pictures and music I have on the phone?

It's going to remove anything you put on the phone. Pictures, music, contacts, etc. So you need to back all that up.
    07-24-2012 02:43 PM
    It's going to remove anything you put on the phone. Pictures, music, contacts, etc. So you need to back all that up.
    OK thanks.

07-24-2012 03:37 PM
    Make sure you move your files to the external_sd folder. The "sdcard" directory and all subfolders are actually part of internal storage and will be wiped on factory reset. The only exception is the external_sd folder and its subfolders. External_sd is really the mount point for the actual sd card.

You can go to settings storage to see what files are left in "usbstorage", which, confusingly, is the internal storage partition.
    07-24-2012 05:35 PM
    OK, thanks again guys.

07-24-2012 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD