SO still trying to solve my issues and a guy at work said lets see what happens when we just use google location service and not the satellites. He also changed the wifi setting to NEVER keep wifi on during sleep.
    Just curious how others are set? and if you have issues or not.
    07-24-2012 06:27 PM
    I always leave the GPS off unless I need it. I also have the wifi set to turn off when the phone sleeps. Seems to work pretty good for me that way.
    07-24-2012 10:37 PM
    Mine stays on all day every day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-25-2012 07:04 AM
    All of my stuff is OFF except when I actually USE it. Major battery hog otherwise.
    07-25-2012 07:49 AM
    my wifi stays on as well as my gps and my battery lasts the whole day into the night with only about a 10% loss. Thats with talking and texting.
    07-25-2012 07:56 AM
    I used to be able to leave the GPS on all the time. It appears that was a huge hog on ICS. It may be a combination of that and the weather.com app. I'm still having very high OS usage though.
    07-25-2012 09:26 AM
    I'm getting horrible battery drain with ICS, but only when the phone is awake. I have the gps turned on in the settings, but it doesn't actually come on unless an app turns it on. If I set the phone down and the screen times out, the battery drain rate goes down a lot. It's only high when I'm doing something with it.

xtn
    07-25-2012 09:05 PM
    I have a question? When i leave gps on ics and receive a phone call my phone process crashes. I can't pick any phone calls. It also doesn't save the miss call either. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-26-2012 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD