Headphone (Earbud) W/ inline controls Compatibility

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the place to post this, but here it is anyway. I am searching for a GOOD set of earbuds that have inline controls that will actually work with our phone (SGS2/E4GT. When Klipsch came out with theirs (S4A) I bought a set. At that time, I had an ECHO and all worked well. Also at that time they claimed that they worked with ALL Android phones. Well, the ECHO died and I got a E4GT to replace it. The buds wouldn't work right. I contacted Klipsche for months getting a constant run around and they updated their app to say that it will not work with our phone....or ANY SGS2 phones. So, I have a pair of Klipsch buds that were used for about 2 weeks sitting around collecting dust. And I am in search of a pair that actually works. Anyone got some suggestions?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK, the S2 lacks compatibility with inline controls. It was one of those things I had to learn to live without after having through years of HTC phones.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I dunno....I have read a lot of blurbs where paople are using them (but not saying what ones), but I want to get an actual forum member to come forth and say what ones they are using and what/if any problems they are encountering. I don't want to just throw money away....again.

I did come accross these: ATH-BT03 Sound/Phone Bluetooth In-ear Headphones
They are Bluetooth......I can't find any reviewers that use our phone, but so far the reviews are ok. I emailed the company and asked them.

simbapenn

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the Jaybird Freedom Bluetooth headphones and the controls work. I'd like a non-Bluetooth headset though for battery reasons though.