Does anyone else here have a problem with shoddy battery life? I charge my phone overnight using the factory Samsung charger, turn off wifi, and leave for work. When I get to work (~15 mins later), I connect it to my computer. I hook the phone up to my desktop speakers and listen to music from my SD card and occasionally check Facebook. By the time noon comes around (4 hours later), my phone has only 90% battery life remaining. I take my phone with me to lunch and usually do some reading for maybe 40 minutes. My screen brightness and browser brightness are set as low as possible. At the end of my lunch hour, I connect the phone back to the computer with anywhere from 30-60% battery life remaining. I know that once I load my reading material, data transfer should be negligible, so I know that isn't draining the life from my phone. I have very few apps installed, so I know they're not a likely culprit. I do know that having the screen on for so long is the cause of the drain, but should it really be that high? If I leave my phone on the PC and don't touch it for the remainder of my work day, it only gains about 15-20% of it's life back. If I fool with it at all, I can kiss what little juice it sucked up goodbye.

I have a feeling this isn't normal, even with the phone drawing less power on USB than from a dedicated charger. Does anyone else have this problem?

For reference, I'm completely stock, not rooted (yet).
    07-25-2012 01:56 PM
    Computers don't charge as well as an outlet. You can go to Battery in the settings and see what you are using and how long you have been on it. Or download a cpu spy app. Using the screen kills the battery though that's for sure. Get an extension chord if you need to and plug it into the wall. It might not hurt to turn your phone off and pull the battery for a minute if you haven't in a long time either. Or it is possible you need a new battery but these stats don't seem to crazy. I would just plug it into a outlet whenever possible and it should be fine.

Sent from my Epic 4g Touch
    07-25-2012 09:17 PM
    Yeah, looks like I need to buy another OE charger and somehow jimmy it up so I can charge from there and ny my computer. For instance, I went to lunch today with 88% charge. Didn't use the phone while eating, and read some stuff for about 30 minutes. Just clocked back in and I now have 56% battery left. Seems like crap to me considering my brightness is all the way down. The phone gets stupid hot as well.

When will phone manufacturers stop making smartphones more powerful and start making them more useful? A phone that lasts only a few hours on a charge is pretty worthless IMHO. I know Samsung is notorious for making crap batteries as well. If ICS doesn't hurry up, I'm just going to root the phone and find a Kernel that will help curb the phone's appetite for amperage. My Epic 4g wasn't this bad. After I rooted my Moment, it was fantastic. I forget what ROM/Kernel it's on, but I'll have to see if he's made one for the Touch.
    07-26-2012 01:09 PM
    Oh great, haven't even touched the ******* and now it's at 52%... and it's been charging for about ten minutes now. wtf.
    07-26-2012 01:10 PM
    I have issues too so I'm also looking for ideas. You can check my thread out too and maybe we'll both get answers.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-new-post.html
    07-26-2012 01:59 PM
    I shut all background programs off and haven't turned the screen on until just now. It's been charging all by it's lonesome for about an hour now, and it's down to 50%. I'm thinking my battery is shot, LOL.
    07-26-2012 02:09 PM
    I shut all background programs off and haven't turned the screen on until just now. It's been charging all by it's lonesome for about an hour now, and it's down to 50%. I'm thinking my battery is shot, LOL.
    Very well could be. My phone did this sometimes on GB. Its most likely an app or go to your wifi settings and make sure it turns of when asleep.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-27-2012 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD