Sprint/Samsung issuing ICS fix!

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
" After a brief hold, she told me, and I quote:" Samsung already has a fix and is sending it out in to 500 phones at a time." "

Great. They sold like 10 million of the phones so I will get my update in 2057. If they really told you that, there is zero credibility.

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
" After a brief hold, she told me, and I quote:" Samsung already has a fix and is sending it out in to 500 phones at a time." "

Great. They sold like 10 million of the phones so I will get my update in 2057. If they really told you that, there is zero credibility.

I bet you call back in 5 minutes and ask if there's a fix and you will get a different story.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am one of the lucky ones. They are sending me a brand new replacement phone. I am still waiting, they are on back order. I called last night.....again... b/c of roaming issues with my current ICS-crippled phone while waiting on phone that should have been in my hands by now.
While trying to make a call I got the ole 'you are roaming on verizon and you are not authorized to make a call' pick up when trying to call Sprint. Earlier in the day i had absolutely zero service while driving through areas that i always have it available. I kept getting my texts listed as 'failed' and no bar icon or no 3g icon showing up. Never had this issue before July 16th.

Mark

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
We have 2 of these in my house. There is zero doubt that the battery drain is much faster and the signal (or at least the signal strength indicator) is much lower in my house than before ICS.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Well....after being off the charger for almost 10 hours, I have used 32% of my 3200mah battery. This is rooting to FF18 last night. Question Jay. Is CM9 better on battery than this?

Probably would be roughly the same. If everything is working nicely for you, you may just want to stick with stock.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: packhntr

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No ICS yet for me in baltimore, Maryland. Not looking forward to it either. Hubby has it on his EVO 3D and he says battery life has decreased significantly.

ebuks97

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi thanks for all your posts in the forums. One question though, how would I revert from CM9 to rooted FF18 and how would i revert CM9 to stock FF18 so i can get OTA updates? Thank you

Last edited:

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't do it!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Lol. I agree...

My husband and I each just got an E4GT on Friday. They came with Gingerbread, which ran awesome. Well, we both decided to flash the FF18 update.zip that Dark_Knight2 posted and have had a number of the reported issues, including decreased battery life, even after factory resetting.

Sigh...that's what I get for being curious :D It's my own fault so I'm not gonna gripe about it, just warning you ;) I'm probably going to wind up rolling back both of our phones to GB.

Btw, I talked to a Sprint rep tonight bc I'm having signal issues and asked about the fix. She acknowledged that there was a new update rolling out that should fix ALL the issues we're having...LIAR!

Sent from my SPH-D710

ackthbbft

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend and I got the "first" update (I guess) finally this past weekend. I immediately noticed higher battery drain, bluetooth issues (although that may be app-dependent), and wi-fi connection issues. Even Cosmos isn't doing much to help with the battery life.

I also installed Chrome, but have since uninstalled it because it would lock up when trying to view, remove, or switch tabs. Some posts have said Chrome was part of the battery drain problems, but I don't see much improvement after uninstalling.

I assume the update we received was only the initial ICS update, and did not include the fixes supposedly contained in the "second" update.

sajadyj

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey Everyone-

I received the update 2 weeks ago. Last week I called into Sprint and the rep made an e-ticket for a replacement device since ICS was so screwed up. I called Asurion and got my replacement device the next day. If some of you are having issues and carry the $8/mo total replacement plan I would suggest on doing so.

Now that I have my replacement device on Gingerbread, how would I know if this OTA update is the "Fix"? I dont want to put ICS back on it if it wont work....

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone-

I received the update 2 weeks ago. Last week I called into Sprint and the rep made an e-ticket for a replacement device since ICS was so screwed up. I called Asurion and got my replacement device the next day. If some of you are having issues and carry the $8/mo total replacement plan I would suggest on doing so.

Now that I have my replacement device on Gingerbread, how would I know if this OTA update is the "Fix"? I dont want to put ICS back on it if it wont work....

Did you have to pay Asurion the deductible or did Sprint cover all charges?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

sajadyj

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I did not pay a deductible or anything because its a "software" issue. Basically what I did was I told sprint i went to 2 sprint stores and they couldnt help me. And then I told the rep I needed flash support for work to demostrate customer testimonials I had on youtube.

He then made a e-ticket case about my issues and then patched me over to asurion. The gal needed the DEC # and also asked me about the color on the water-damage thingy. A "Dry" phone should have like red diamonds and a white background...

I called last Friday and received the phone on Monday. The only thing im pissed about is I demanded a brand new phone (i had problems with asurion a month ago getting replacement devices for mine and my brothers), and they sent me a refurbished phone....

At the end of the day it has gingerbread and im happy...for now.......

Reactions: FitChicago

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
This is third day with ICS the problems, beside one app incompatible is the pics in my contacts are somehow enlarge and fuzzy and when I go to the web pages are to large to read and I can't scroll over to read them, some of the changes have added a additional step like to delete email threads after reading them and I use to could go to the lower left button for notification now a sub menu comes up, the one good thing unlike others is that battery usage has gone up totally now I finish the work day without putting it on the charger

Jamesinclair

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I am one of the lucky ones. They are sending me a brand new replacement phone. I am still waiting, they are on back order. I called last night.....again... b/c of roaming issues with my current ICS-crippled phone while waiting on phone that should have been in my hands by now.
While trying to make a call I got the ole 'you are roaming on verizon and you are not authorized to make a call' pick up when trying to call Sprint. Earlier in the day i had absolutely zero service while driving through areas that i always have it available. I kept getting my texts listed as 'failed' and no bar icon or no 3g icon showing up. Never had this issue before July 16th.

Mark

I found this forum because I am having the exact same problem.

Since ICS update....

Constantly roaming at home. My house hasnt moved, never roamed before.
I sometimes lose 3G....and thats it, it wont come back until I turn the phone on/off. Turning wifi on off, airplane mode, 4g etc doesnt get 3g back. Thats in parts of town with rock solid sprint coverage.

Wifi issues at home now.

Texts coming in wrong order.

Im pissed. Did you get a enw phone or a refurb?

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I received my replacement phone with GB on it. I am happy again. My phone works the way it is supposed to. It just works. Love it again. It is a 'Sprint certified replacement product' i was originally extremely pissed when i got it but i thoroughly examined it so far as to examine under a scope at work and saw zero usage including on the charger contacts. I called Sprint for an explanation. They told me they do not give new replacements, and that chances are my replacement was only shown at a store so they cant sell it as new.
Ultimately, I am back on GB with a good phone (better than the condition my ICS phone was in) and extremely happy.

I am still upset with the sprint folks and all the different stories you get when you call , but i am happy my phone works again.
One CSA told me it would be BRAND NEW, other CSA's told me the first person didnt know what they were talking about.

Did i mention i was happy!!

Last edited:

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
My attempt to get Gingerbread:
Annoyed with ICS, I finally took my phone into the local store.
There were already 3 S II's in line to get hard reset when I walked in...

The employee understood what I wanted and said it would be no problem to get it back to Gingerbread.
After 3 hours we went back and they hadn't touched the phone.
They didn't have the correct version of Gingerbread or something...

I sure hope I have total replacement because I'm NOT going to put up with this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

tangozebra

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got my GS2 on launch day, finally got the ICS OTA update last week.

I immediately had various issues, so decided to bite the bullet and do a factory reset with a USB format. After the reset, I switched to ICS launcher in Sprint ID and uninstalled the crap ware, and disabled other crap like Media Hub.

Now it is awesome, no issues whatsoever and GREAT battery life and GPS. It feels like a new phone. Chrome works great. The only bummer is I lost my Ski Safari progress :( but all my other apps either backup to the cloud or could do a manual backup to SD.

One more thing - I didn't reload Amazon App store, rather re-purchased the few apps I actually use on Play. One less thing to chew battery life and cause issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1