08-16-2012 03:05 PM
88 1234
tools
    My original manual update was 213.1 mb. Would like to manually update with this new version if someone has it downloaded.....
    07-31-2012 11:17 AM
    Got mine this morning. No issues so far, we will see. It is FF18 not FG20.
    syphex and dakhath like this.
    07-31-2012 11:19 AM
    The *new* ICS re-release is a 208.1 mb package. Anyone remember how large the *original* official release (July 12-20th) was? Just wondering about the size of 'fixes' etc..if this release is the original or updated version? Will this new update be pushed again to the unlucky folks who got the first and flawed ICS 4.0.4 update?
    This is what I am wondering as well?
    07-31-2012 11:51 AM
    This is what I am wondering as well?
    I actually Updated Manually and saved it on my external sd card and the size is exactly 208.14 mb

Epic 4G Touch
    07-31-2012 11:57 AM
    I did not wait for the OTA, i did it manually.

but i reversed back to gingerbread 2.3.

I found a few bugs with the manual one: so i will wait to see what others think of the new OTA version.

issues;
    exchange....did not mark emails READ on my pc.
    wallpapers..where distorted,
    TTS.....i had Ivona installed for using with Google maps, the 4.0 wiped out that ability.
    battery..died really fast
    MuzikMan541 likes this.
    07-31-2012 01:22 PM
    I doubt that there are any changes in the modem, the FF18 source is still the most recent build on the Samsung open source repository, and they usually release any updates to the source repository before they roll out an update [ Samsung Open Source Release Center search for SPH-D710 under phones or search for EL29 if you ever forget our model] (at least back when I had the Moment they did, and for FF18 initial update they did).

But you really want a nice hash to tell you if anything has actually changed, and a difference comparison on the included files.
    07-31-2012 01:34 PM
    I received my update a couple hours ago.. and I too like some other posters did NOT know what the new ICS update was. I received the same attached notification on my Epic 4g as the poster did which said your phone needs to update to improve enhancements, etc so I did. Now some changes I have noticed, keyboard is different, the Contacts icons are larger. my battery is not quite dying faster, so not sure yet if that has been affected since I am currently charging it. Notification icons are bigger are different on top.. and some other apps have some different functions, but I thankfully haven't experienced an issue YET... definitely feels like a different phone as I am re-learning some things. I only found out about this update today when I noticed after the update how many things were different so I googled the version 4.0.4 and found you wonderful folks lol. So I hope it doesn't cause me issues, as I just got this phone from Sprint a month ago and TOTALLY love it.
    07-31-2012 03:29 PM
    I received my update a couple hours ago.. and I too like some other posters did NOT know what the new ICS update was. I received the same attached notification on my Epic 4g as the poster did which said your phone needs to update to improve enhancements, etc so I did. Now some changes I have noticed, keyboard is different, the Contacts icons are larger. my battery is not quite dying faster, so not sure yet if that has been affected since I am currently charging it. Notification icons are bigger are different on top.. and some other apps have some different functions, but I thankfully haven't experienced an issue YET... definitely feels like a different phone as I am re-learning some things. I only found out about this update today when I noticed after the update how many things were different so I googled the version 4.0.4 and found you wonderful folks lol. So I hope it doesn't cause me issues, as I just got this phone from Sprint a month ago and TOTALLY love it.
    Welcome to the place and keep us posted on what you think when you've had a bit of time with the update. Hopefully things will keep going smoothly
    danielle91913 likes this.
    07-31-2012 03:35 PM
    Can some of you please verify that this is the same or different kernel and/or release? Some screens would be nice. I manually updated with the update from the first batch, and I am curious to know if there is a difference.
    07-31-2012 03:59 PM
    Yes it's rolling again. I got my first update notification this morning, 7/31.
    Hope this is true, I've still yet to receive my OTA update but all my family members with the SGS2 have. Its a bit disappointing considering I was the only one excited for it
    07-31-2012 04:31 PM
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Chuck Shine and aaronaaron like this.
    07-31-2012 05:45 PM
    my question is if u did the manual upgrade will u still get this ota that they are pushing out now?!
    07-31-2012 06:57 PM
    Hey All,

And me to the list as well. This is my third go around with ICS. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
    As to the question of getting the update if you have installed from the sd card already, I would say no, unless this OTA is different from the last.
    Lets hope so, I really have no disire to flash back to el29 unless it's to try another one of DK's ROM's
    smurfette8202 likes this.
    07-31-2012 07:46 PM
    I received the original update a week and a half or so ago and have had nothing but issues ever since. My wife was wondering why she never received the update. Now we know why. She just accepted the second push so we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping this second push will be recognized by my phone.
    07-31-2012 08:09 PM
    Anyone that wants the ICS look just go to settings and the apps and select all apps then go down to twlauncher and click clear default and you want to select the first choice you will then get the pure ICS look which I totally prefer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    07-31-2012 09:34 PM
    Just got the update couple of minutes ago. Still updating. Don't know if I will have any issue with ICS though. Well... At least I will have the ICS on my phone... It's been too long...
    07-31-2012 11:11 PM
    Received the update yesterday and my phone is working better than ever!
    08-01-2012 02:35 PM
    I got my update and it messed up my cell petty bad.
    Started out by getting a message saying charging paused due to
    Power overload . But it was not on a charger. So I took it in to
    Sprint. The rep. Was cool, said the update locked up my phone
    They couldn't get it to power back up for over an hour so, they
    Gave me a new one off the the floor without the update.
    08-01-2012 05:54 PM
    I just received the update notification about five minutes ago, so clearly it hasn't been cancelled. I am debating whether to update or not because of all of the battery life and wifi issues that I have been reading about.

I've attached the update notification screen...

They are pushing the upgrade. So clearly, if you would read the posts in this forum you would see that. As you can see here, it says REPUSHED. Which means it got cancelled but is getting pushed again.
    08-02-2012 10:46 AM
    They are pushing the upgrade. So clearly, if you would read the posts in this forum you would see that. As you can see here, it says REPUSHED. Which means it got cancelled but is getting pushed again.
    This is all correct. The kernel and information from the first round of updates is EXACTLY the same as this second wave of updates. This means that if you have ICS installed manually or OTA with the first update, you will not receive the second update. There are no changes or differences between the two.

Although there are plenty of bugs in this update, Samsung usually pushes updates to phones, gathers data quickly, then (usually) pushes out a small update not too far after fixing bugs and stability issues. I hope this is helpful for someone.
    08-02-2012 09:54 PM
    YES...got my ics update a couple of hours ago and I love everything about it...

08-02-2012 11:37 PM
    Hmm! still no update here beginning to wonder if I will, I got the last GB update the first day of rollout I guess I will have to be a bit more patient and wait this time I will keep checking all the post to see how it's going good or bad.
    08-04-2012 11:51 AM
    nothing here yet either.
    08-04-2012 02:25 PM
    2 days with the update and im still loving it...the saga continues

08-04-2012 07:55 PM
    Still waiting....
    08-04-2012 08:59 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD