08-16-2012 03:05 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    I received the "android system update" last night, for it was on my screen this am. I have not had the phone 3 week before receiving this update. I thought is was truly just an update and not the ICS changeover. So far so good...will monitor battery life and see if most of the programs are working correctly. I have not done a factor reset, pulled out the battery or even shut it down yet
    One question: How do I get rid of the redundant "Swipe screen to unlock" every time I turn it on? With GB, even though there was not an offical "lock," I had to swipe, so I am not understanding the logic here.
    08-10-2012 08:31 AM
    I just got the update this morning. Not sure whether to install it after all the negative reports it's gotten.
    08-10-2012 12:29 PM
    I just got the update this morning. Not sure whether to install it after all the negative reports it's gotten.
    The only real pronlem i have is the lag wit the keyboard i did a hard rest after i upgraded

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-10-2012 12:35 PM
    The only real pronlem i have is the lag wit the keyboard i did a hard rest after i upgraded

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    So far, my email and bluetooth pairing doesn't work. I wouldn't upgrade if I were you. Phone opens up more unused apps using up resources and there are no benefits.
    08-10-2012 01:41 PM
    OTA update received on 8/6. Waited until 8/8 to install after backing up everthing and removing some unwanted apps. I'm generally pleased with ICS.

Pros:

1. Screen Transition much smoother/faster
    2. GPS seems to be improved
    3. Lock Screen Improved for my situation - Use Third Party (Buisness Required) Encyption/Security App
    4. Camera functionality is improved

Cons:

1. Had to Re-Pair all my Bluetooth Devices
    2. Tilt Functionality - Letter/Vertical screen orientation transition to Landscape/Horizontal is VERY sensitive. Screen flips at proverbial "drop of hat"

Too Early To Tell

1. Battery Life seems equal to Gingerbread
    2. WiFi connectivity seems equal to Gingerbread
    3. There seems to be an issue with Notification Sounds - I'm turing off email account notifications and I'm still getting notified.
    08-10-2012 01:47 PM
    I'm located in Roanoke, Virginia and I received the update last Monday after waking up. I updated immediately as I saw it as 4.0.4 ICS

There seems to be a few nice features but there is a problem or two. My radio signal seems to be lower than before. I do not have 4g and never will and my 3g has always been around 550k. It seems to have gotten more spotty in some areas but this could be due to other factors. I am charging my battery more often it seems, editing contacts doesn't seem to be possible through the phone anymore, The phone does not vibrate, and apps force close more than usual.

On the brighter side, It seems to be ready faster after boot as well as wifi connection speed increased.

I am thinking of taking it to the service center to see if maybe something is wrong with the phone itself. Also, I will be going back to the previous gingerbread build if I cannot find a solution. Anyone know a link so that i can roll this thing back to a better build w/o losing all of my 80+ apps and data?

Thanks, and I hope your experience with ICS will be better than mine.
    08-11-2012 06:45 PM
    I received the update and my battery life is half of what it was and I have uninstalled the few apps I had, display is 39% and off in 30 seconds or less (less because I turn it off as soon as I am done with the phone) if I get a phone call it drops even faster. Signal now drops when it didn't before, I get roaming errors all the time that I didn't get before, email does not sync the same but works, I now have to plug in and charge various times in a day! Had issues getting 3G to stay on but finally did and I think that was using sprint zone diagnostics to make it work. Honestly I wish I hadn't accepted the upgrade and dealt with the message showing up every day.
    08-15-2012 08:16 AM
    I received the update and my battery life is half of what it was and I have uninstalled the few apps I had, display is 39% and off in 30 seconds or less (less because I turn it off as soon as I am done with the phone) if I get a phone call it drops even faster. Signal now drops when it didn't before, I get roaming errors all the time that I didn't get before, email does not sync the same but works, I now have to plug in and charge various times in a day! Had issues getting 3G to stay on but finally did and I think that was using sprint zone diagnostics to make it work. Honestly I wish I hadn't accepted the upgrade and dealt with the message showing up every day.
    Take your ph back to a Sprint store and have them put Gingerbread back on. Sprint store employees have admitted it's their error so they will put GB back on for you. It doesn't take long to do. I've taken mine back twice now after unintentionally doing the ICS update the second time.
    08-15-2012 11:42 AM
    Is this OTA update a Sprint issue or a Samsung issue? After everything I've read, I'm not keen on accepting it. To wit, if I don't want it, is there any way to get rid of the notification message which shows up everytime I swipe up?

Still can't figure out how these things manage to screw up a perfectly good system.

MM
    08-15-2012 12:06 PM
    I was in Chicago over the weekend, and the OTA update puched to me.
    Kind of a pain re-setting up everything, but I guess it's an improvement
    08-15-2012 12:52 PM
    I never had Amy battery problems since receiving ota. Hard reset if you didn't already

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-16-2012 11:03 AM
    OTA update received on 8/6. Waited until 8/8 to install after backing up everthing and removing some unwanted apps. I'm generally pleased with ICS.

Pros:

1. Screen Transition much smoother/faster
    2. GPS seems to be improved
    3. Lock Screen Improved for my situation - Use Third Party (Buisness Required) Encyption/Security App
    4. Camera functionality is improved

Cons:

1. Had to Re-Pair all my Bluetooth Devices
    2. Tilt Functionality - Letter/Vertical screen orientation transition to Landscape/Horizontal is VERY sensitive. Screen flips at proverbial "drop of hat"

Too Early To Tell

1. Battery Life seems equal to Gingerbread
    2. WiFi connectivity seems equal to Gingerbread
    3. There seems to be an issue with Notification Sounds - I'm turing off email account notifications and I'm still getting notified.
    One thing that I noticed when I did the update a while ago, was that there were no LED notifications after the ICS update.
    08-16-2012 01:42 PM
    One thing that I noticed when I did the update a while ago, was that there were no LED notifications after the ICS update.
    Factory reset and a few days for the phone to 'readjust' ended up fixing that for me.
    08-16-2012 03:05 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD