Using ps3 controller on Epic 4g Touch?

RebelMonster

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody been able to get the Sixaxis Controller app ( Dancing Pixel Studios ) to work? I'm trying to get it to work but I keep getting this when I use the compatibility checker tool:

Attempting connection type 1...
Driver Starting...
Error: Failed to configure bluetooth
Attempting connection type 2...
Driver Starting...
Can't bind pipe for device

Help! I'm using stock gingerbread EL29 with root.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
There is a thread in xda developers that has a holster called gameklip. You can use it with sixaxis to play games. Not sure why its not working for you tho

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody been able to get the Sixaxis Controller app ( Dancing Pixel Studios ) to work? I'm trying to get it to work but I keep getting this when I use the compatibility checker tool:

Attempting connection type 1...
Driver Starting...
Error: Failed to configure bluetooth
Attempting connection type 2...
Driver Starting...
Can't bind pipe for device

Help! I'm using stock gingerbread EL29 with root.
Hah...I was just about to create a thread asking about this...

I purchased a generic ps3 controller on ebay, but haven't been able to get it to connect on FF18 or EL29. I used the SixAxisPairTool on my PC to change the bluetooth address to match that of my phone, but it doesn't seem to save it after I disconnect the usb cable from the controller.

I was planning on buying an official ps3 controller, but if you're having problems I might just have to pass...:'(

RebelMonster

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE - For anyone that might be having the same problem I was, where you can't even get to the point of pairing the controller with the phone because the Sixaxis app can't read the phone's bluetooth address, I just tried it again after a couple weeks of not trying and it just worked! So, if you're not able to get the app to read your phone's bluetooth address, try uninstalling the app, and then re-install it and try again. It worked for me! Now to get my hands on a ps3 controller to see if I can actually pair it and make it function.

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone still follows this thread, just thought I'd say that I was able to pair my phone with an official ps3 controller via the six axis controller app. I installed an emulator and have been playing donkey Kong country!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

collinsac24

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone still follows this thread, just thought I'd say that I was able to pair my phone with an official ps3 controller via the six axis controller app. I installed an emulator and have been playing donkey Kong country!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

+1 pretty simple actually. An official controller is your best chance at a problem free experience

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2