I ran the ICS update when it was pushed out to me, did a factory reset (with the hope of curing poor battery life; no such luck) and now I'm having issues with my phone randomly shutting off despite having plenty of battery left. I can usually restart my phone, but it shuts down shortly after restart. Other times, I have to hook it up to the charger in order to get it to start.

The tech at the Sprint store said he couldn't find anything wrong and didn't want to do a factory reset since I had already done one, so he swapped out the battery and told me to keep track of what I was doing if the problem persists.

I had a random shutdown later that night while I was browsing FB, but there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the shutdowns and what I'm doing...sometimes I'm doing nothing.

Anyone having the same problem?
    07-30-2012 11:43 AM
    After my ICS update my phone started heating up, freezing up to the point where I had to pull the battery a few times, keyboard froze up as well & I also had the battery drain quickly. I called the local Sprint store here in Honolulu, Hawaii and they told me they could put Gingerbread back on the phone. I backed up my contacts, wallpaper, ringtones, etc. So far I don't have anymore problems with the phone since rolling back to Gingerbread. The Sprint store tech told me there have been many customers bringing in their phones to roll back to Gingerbread. Hope that's helpful to you in some way!
    Nonja likes this.
    07-30-2012 11:43 PM
    Stock ics update.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-30-2012 11:46 PM
    After my ICS update my phone started heating up, freezing up to the point where I had to pull the battery a few times, keyboard froze up as well & I also had the battery drain quickly. I called the local Sprint store here in Honolulu, Hawaii and they told me they could put Gingerbread back on the phone. I backed up my contacts, wallpaper, ringtones, etc. So far I don't have anymore problems with the phone since rolling back to Gingerbread. The Sprint store tech told me there have been many customers bringing in their phones to roll back to Gingerbread. Hope that's helpful to you in some way!
    Yeah, I'm considering doing that... But I may have traced the problem to the mSD card: I ran a full backup using MyBackup and did another factory reset because my phone was basically useless because it kept shutting down. I resynced gmail, unistalled bloatware, and installed a couple apps (MyBackup and Better Battery Stats), but I still got a random shutdown. Then I pulled the mSD card and went to bed. When I woke up, my phone was still on, so I'll keep it bare-bones for a few days in order to gauge battery life.

But if I can't use the mSD slot, I'm rolling back to Gingerbread.
    07-31-2012 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD