SOLVED: Phone Case vs Display Problem

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I put on a new kickstand case, and now when I make a phone call the display immediately blanks out. If I remove the case and make a phone call, the display remains on as normal. I examined the case fit on and around the phone and all appears to be correct. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone Case vs Display Problem

Sounds like something is covering the light sensor so it thinks it's against your face.

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone Case vs Display Problem

That's what I think too, but when I examine the fitting of the case on the phone, all the LEDs cameras, sensors, including the ambient light/proximity sensors are clearly unobstructed...or so it seems. Perhaps I should attempt to enlarge the case openings in that top front sensor area; can't hurt. Thanks.

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The solution is NOT to enlarge the opening surrounding the light and proximity sensors. Instead, the solution is to take a black ink Sharpie pen and blacken the inside and backside edges of the opening. I Googled this problem and found a post suggesting this solution and it works fine!
Per the Google find, if your phone case has an opening around the proximity sensor, then the only color that seems to work with the proximity sensor is black. Our phone case is white, which I guess is too reflective for the proximity sensor to work properly. Who'd of thunk it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox