Slow/Erratic/"Sticky" Page Scrolling w/ICS (Manual) Update

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
After unsuccessfully searching for coverage of this topic in a number of ways, I'm hoping to get some feedback by posting this new thread.

Since successfully completing the Factory Reset/Manual Update ICS Upgrade procedure, I've been generally happy with ICS and a number of performance enhancements. However, there is one area in which I am experiencing major degradation of performance..."Page Scrolling".

Whether I'm using the stock browser, Chrome, or other apps with scrolling (i.e.: E-Mail, FriendCaster, etc) I'm finding that the page scrolling is extremely poor. It is either very slow and "sticky" when scrolling slowly (short finger gesture) or the page scrolls ridiculously quickly and uncontrollably with a fast (long finger) gesture.

I'd like to know if others are experiencing the same with their scrolling (post ICS upgrade), not because "Misery Loves Company", but because I'd like to know if this is considered as "normal/standard" operational behavior now under ICS, or determine if I'm experiencing a technical problem/bug with my particular devices/upgrade.

Any feedback, assistance, and guidance would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same exact experience with scrolling. I did the manual update over a week ago and still am not used to it. The few references I have found make it sound like it is normal.

No other issues with the update though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: drk65

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
that's how it was on my ICS update. Terrible. Hated it. So in love with my refurb that has GB back on it. Everything just works.

chew dz

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
that's how it was on my ICS update. Terrible. Hated it. So in love with my refurb that has GB back on it. Everything just works.

Lol couldn't you have just Odin'd back to GB with the same phone?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
In hind site, yes. But since phone is technically still under first year warrenty, I didn't want to go that route. Then I thought there was a slight chance Mobil Toys was going to upgrade me, like I said, slight chance, or I was going to get a NEW phone, which basically a refurb is pretty much new. I didn't like how hot my phone had got on a daily basis and how much extra strain that probably put on the processor. I mean, not the battery, the battery never got hot, but the processsor did. I may be being stupid about the whole thing and may end up rooting anyway. Like I said, hind site.

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to adjust the speed? Settings/Language and input/pointer speed. You and set the speed of the scroll.

Thanks to al10pnr and a few others for recommending the "Pointer Speed" tip. I would have never thought of looking there to make an adjustment that could/would affect a scrolling issue. While it's not "perfect" (or as good as it was in GB), I do believe making some adjustments (upwards) in the "Pointer Speed" has noticeably improved my scrolling experience. So, I do recommend this tweak for those experiencing the same issue that I described in my original post.

This is a great forum with a lot of smart people, and I sincerely appreciate the help I've often received here!

Reactions: llmgtab

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to al10pnr and a few others for recommending the "Pointer Speed" tip. I would have never thought of looking there to make an adjustment that could/would affect a scrolling issue. While it's not "perfect" (or as good as it was in GB), I do believe making some adjustments (upwards) in the "Pointer Speed" has noticeably improved my scrolling experience. So, I do recommend this tweak for those experiencing the same issue that I described in my original post.

This is a great forum with a lot of smart people, and I sincerely appreciate the help I've often received here!

Yes, thanks for the tip. I have been playing with this setting and it may make the scrolling a bit more bareable.

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
The old scrolling method was very natural & easy. The new scrolling is counter-intuitive and a step backwards in my opinion.