Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • evo lte

2 33.33%
  • s2 epic touch

0 0%
  • s3

4 66.67%
    I just got my upgrade from sprint. I was stuck between the evo lte s3 and the s2. After a lot of reviews and comparisons I went with the s2 epic touch, Mostly because I got it for only a penny. Then come to find out that sprint is no longer gonna run 4g ( wiimax ) but lte by me. So my question is should I return the s2 for the s3 or evo lte. Cause as of right now I still only have 3g and they say by the end of the year but more then likely next spring summer they'll have lte by me (north west tri state area)
    08-01-2012 01:05 AM
    Get the newer phones. You don't want to be stuck on last year's tech for 2 additional years, plus the newer phones have better specs and do more.

It's called future-proofing.

I'm stuck with an Evo 3D for the next 6 months before I can get a full upgrade. And the Evo 3D has better specs than the SII E4GT.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 01:28 AM
    Get the s3 or at least the ego. The s2 is a great phone but not as good as those and it has no late which will be everywhere there is 3g at the end of next year supposedly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 02:41 AM
    S3 for the same future-proof reason as above.
    08-01-2012 07:00 AM
    Get the newer phones. You don't want to be stuck on last year's tech for 2 additional years, plus the newer phones have better specs and do more.

It's called future-proofing.

I'm stuck with an Evo 3D for the next 6 months before I can get a full upgrade. And the Evo 3D has better specs than the SII E4GT.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
    Lol seriously? Exynos is rather speedy...
    But anyway, yes you're pretty much right. I'd rather spend a little extra to get a more advanced device...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 07:07 AM
    Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 09:43 AM
    When is LTE due to arrive in your town? If it's sooner rather than later then go with an LTE device. If you currently have WiMax then it might be best to stay with the S2 since it will be supported up to your next upgrade (assuming you stay with Sprint).

If its the hardware you are concerned with and could care less about having 4G then go with a new device and wait for LTE roll-out in your area. There is nothing wrong with the S2's hardware unless there are features you need and are not offered by the device...
    08-01-2012 09:52 AM
    Just found out new York won't be getting 4g until mid to late 2013 then i got to wait another couple months for my area hour north of the city so im just going to wait and see what happens by then something bigger better and faster will probably be out. No point in wasting money on something i can't use anyway, already did that with my evo 4g the last 2 plus years

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD