So, will EVERYONE get the new update? Just curious if those of us that have ICS, will get a new update?
    08-01-2012 10:06 AM
    I received it Monday morning ....
    08-01-2012 10:17 AM
    And I read previous updaters also will get it
    08-01-2012 10:18 AM
    What if you manually updated using the update.zip method? Will those people get this latest update?
    08-01-2012 10:21 AM
    If previous updaters get it, that tells me it is a different roll out to correct some of the problems.

So, has anyone that updated to ICS a few weeks ago, received the new update this week?
    08-01-2012 10:22 AM
    It appears that this is the same version (IMM761.FF18) that was rolling out before. Someone reported that they analyzed the downloaded files and found a slight difference in the install script, which clears the Swype data (which would fix the problem with Sype that a lot of people had). Otherwise, the same, so no reason for anyone who's upgraded to get an upgrade again.
    08-01-2012 11:04 AM
    If previous updaters get it, that tells me it is a different roll out to correct some of the problems.

So, has anyone that updated to ICS a few weeks ago, received the new update this week?
    Nope
    08-01-2012 11:05 AM
    Nope
    Yeah I believe this is the answer. Only those who have not already updated to ICS will receive the update notification. I'd guess they assume anyone who has already upgraded to ICS has already fixed their Swype keyboard manually, or simply don't use it.
    08-01-2012 11:24 AM
    Yeah I believe this is the answer. Only those who have not already updated to ICS will receive the update notification. I'd guess they assume anyone who has already upgraded to ICS has already fixed their Swype keyboard manually, or simply don't use it.
    Exactly. And since it seems that the 'new' rollout is still 4.0.4 (same Kernel too isn't it?) then there'd be no reason for those of us who did the manual update to get any sort of notification at all, even if just one or two bugs were now addressed.
    08-01-2012 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD