Poor sound quality when recording videos...?

RebelMonster

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Every video that I record with this phone has awful sound quality. It's really buzzy, especially in a concert environment or similar situation. But even when not in a loud environment like that I get an incredible amount of buzz when I play back the videos, primarily on bass sounds. Any fixes for this? Is this an issue everybody has with this phone, or is it just mine?

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have same issue. Not nearly as bad if it's not a loud environment. But if it's loud, it's terrible. I may experiment with what the audio volume is set at while recording. Might have something to do with it. Not sure though.

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I experience the same and have done a fair amount of research finding that most others report the same... with little option/ability to improve.

I believe the GSII mic is optimized for close-in and lower volume speech and audio surroundings. I find the sound quality to be excellent in normal, low-noise environments. However, that good quality in low-noise settings comes at the price of completely over-modulated, blown-out audio when attempting to capture a vid clip of your favorite song at a concert.

Someone recommended I/you try to slightly "muffle" the mic opening with your finger when attempting to record in those environments, which may serve to dampen the audio. I haven't had the opportunity to try this out since it was recommended, but will report back with results when I do... and maybe someone here who's heading to a concert in the near future could try it out and report their results.

Meanwhile, my research has yet to uncover any "Magic Bullet" app and/or fix for this limitation of our phone.

IceColdScotch

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issues as well, and can't believe more people haven't reported this or complained about it. The phone takes beautiful video in both 720p and 1080p, but the audio is unusable if it's above a normal speaking voice. Even recording while driving in my car with the radio on at a normal volume sounds like thunder and it's practically inaudible. For use at a concert? Forget about it - that's horrid. I definitely welcome any suggestions on how to resolve this by changing settings, rooting the phone, using a different video app, etc. I love everything else about this phone, but this is an ender for me. With nothing to fix this I'll be looking to go back to an HTC as soon as I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2