I'm on the Blu Kuban ROM. When my screen is off the battery is fine. But when I'm actually using the damn thing I see the battery go down by the minute. I actually WATCHED my phone skip down from 23% to 21%. Is my battery not calibrated? I used the calibration script that came with the ROM but all it does is drop my battery down about 15% n when I charge it back up n calibrate it, it drops another 15%. My battery just sucks period right now.

EDIT: My screen on time was 1h 56min :banghead:

Any suggestions/Advice?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 09:39 PM
    What is your brightness slider at? Also, are you on white screens like web pages a lot? AMOLED screens consume far less juice on dark screens.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 10:51 PM
    What is your brightness slider at? Also, are you on white screens like web pages a lot? AMOLED screens consume far less juice on dark screens.

The slider is a little over half. But I'm using apps that are dominantly white. But the screen battery consumption can't be this bad could it? There has to be an additional factor causing it.

08-01-2012 10:56 PM
    I'm on Goodness and not having all these battery issues. I have screen on auto. I turned off all rich sounds, dialer sounds, lockscreen sounds, haptic feedback, and only auto sync gmail and calendar and manually sync everything else. As you can see I have been on my phone quote a bit and I have Wi-Fi on all the time when at home and 4g always on when away.
    08-01-2012 11:28 PM
    I'm on Goodness and not having all these battery issues. I have screen on auto. I turned off all rich sounds, dialer sounds, lockscreen sounds, haptic feedback, and only auto sync gmail and calendar and manually sync everything else. As you can see I have been on my phone quote a bit and I have Wi-Fi on all the time when at home and 4g always on when away.
    What's your screen on time? If its drastically better than mines then I might need a new battery

Edit: is it possible that having my phone on the charger overnight could cause this?

08-01-2012 11:34 PM
    The slider is a little over half. But I'm using apps that are dominantly white. But the screen battery consumption can't be this bad could it? There has to be an additional factor causing it.

Yeah you probably do have other stuff going on too. But I'd consider turning brightness down and see if you can find inverted versions of the apps you run. Black screen and white text is much better on the battery life.

You also may want to ask in the Blu Kuban thread for advise and/or similar experiences.

For what it's worth, I've seen 7 hours of screen on time screenshots on CM9 and AOKP ROMs.

08-01-2012 11:35 PM
    What's your screen on time? If its drastically better than mines then I might need a new battery

Edit: is it possible that having my phone on the charger overnight could cause this?

I leave mine on the charger overnight every night. My screen time is 1 minute...but I manually turn it off when I'm done with it.
    I suppose it is possibly your better itself had gone bad.
    08-01-2012 11:38 PM
    Yeah you probably do have other stuff going on too. But I'd consider turning brightness down and see if you can find inverted versions of the apps you run. Black screen and white text is much better on the battery life.

You also may want to ask in the Blu Kuban thread for advise and/or similar experiences.

For what it's worth, I've seen 7 hours of screen on time screenshots on CM9 and AOKP ROMs.

I was on blu kuban also for a couple days and the Rom was nice, but I also experienced faster battery drain but nothing like his. AOKP and CM9, for me at least, didn't quite last as long as the Rom I'm on now and neither of them were as stable either. That said, I get they are still "in the works" and all, but the main advantage I found to them was how customizable they are....and for that they are awesome. But the Goodness Rom I am on has a ton of mods made for it that it suits me and biggest of all, I can always count on it...you know what I mean. Not a knock on the other two as they are still perfecting them for this device.
    08-01-2012 11:45 PM
    As for the OP. I have seen something simliar on my Stock ICS (well now I'm rooted). Ever since the update to ICS (and the subsequent rooting). I have noticed that on screen time has become one of my bigger battery killers. Its not even the amount of time (i saw 56m the other day), but just as soon as the screen is being used, the battery is destroyed. I have my brightness on auto, and i must say, it always has the appropriate brightness (and its generally "low"). GSam Battery (formerly Badass) says that 60% of the time the brightness is dark, 37 medium and 3 in between those. Nothing at the 2 highest levels. WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Phone etc are pretty inisignifcant, just apps and screen
    08-02-2012 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD