weak signal ics

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting a weaker mobile network signal since getting ICS? I'm thinking that's why my battery isn't as good as it was with GB.

blars1206

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
yep, I had the same problem so I changed my modem back to EL29 and the problem was gone, in the app betterbatterystats it didn't show my phone constantly searching for signal either and preventing it from entering deep sleep.

Last edited:

blars1206

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a custom Rom. But you can just flash a custom recovery with Odin and flash any modem you want from there, or just use Odin to flash a different modem. Since you even asked, I am assuming you are not rooted?

Reactions: atl10pnr

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You rolled back to GB? or is there a way to just roll back to the EL29 modem?

You can just flash your modem using Odin. There's no issues at all doing it, as any modem version is compatible with any software base, even across different OS versions. I happen to actually be running the EL29 modem right now.

Fyi having a non-current modem on your phone will cause future OTA update installations to fail, so you'd need to flash back to the current modem before you take an OTA update.

If you're interested in flashing your modem let me know and I'll reply back with instructions once I can get to a PC so I can link some files.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: atl10pnr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC