I installed the rooted ICS a couple of days ago and am on the verge of reverting back. By far the biggest issue I'm having is that scrolling in all apps is much more jerky/unresponsive compared to Gingerbread. Often times when I mean to scroll only a little bit and it seems to accelerate quicker than I mean to. I suppose that I'll get used to it, but it clearly is not as smooth as it was a few days ago.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any cures, or is this some sort of Apple lawsuit-type change that was made?
    08-02-2012 08:43 AM
    Yup, one of the main reasons I went custom. Aokp is nice and smooth!
    08-02-2012 03:10 PM
    Which patent dud we infringe on this time?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    08-02-2012 03:12 PM
    This time, I don't believe this change has anything to do with Apple. About half way through the development process for ICS on the E4GT, Samsung started messing with scrolling. In a couple of builds it was MUCH worse than it is now, where a small flick would send you flying across the screen, after being just fine in the earlier builds. I have no idea why they decided to mess with it, but I would agree that the end result is not as good as it was on Gingerbread.
    08-02-2012 03:49 PM
    I installed the rooted ICS a couple of days ago and am on the verge of reverting back. By far the biggest issue I'm having is that scrolling in all apps is much more jerky/unresponsive compared to Gingerbread. Often times when I mean to scroll only a little bit and it seems to accelerate quicker than I mean to. I suppose that I'll get used to it, but it clearly is not as smooth as it was a few days ago.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any cures, or is this some sort of Apple lawsuit-type change that was made?
    Justin, I posted on the same issue earlier this week (search "Sticky Scrolling" for my thread). A few users recommended that I attempt to make some settings adjustments. I made the adjustments, and while not perfect (as good as GB), I've noticed a marked improvement in scrolling performance. So, before you retreat to GB, go here and tweak this setting to see if you can find a comfortable position.

Go To: System Settings > Language and Input > Pointer Speed (@ bottom of page) > Adjust the slider left or right, depending on your preference. > Good Luck... Hope this helps!
    dj ozone likes this.
    08-04-2012 05:52 PM
    Yup, one of the main reasons I went custom. Aokp is nice and smooth!
    Off topic. How is the text reflow on aokp? Does it let you pinch out, and the text will reflow like it did on Gingerbread?
    08-04-2012 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD