Alright so, after trying to wait out the storm/fix the update myself ,I finalyl decided to give sprint and samsung some calls.

Over two days, around 5 hours on hold, trips to two corprorate stores, and speaking with different level managers and supervisors, I've essentially been told to "eat a fat one".

Essentially Samsung told me that no fix was slated, and that they would only send me a replacemtn et4g. Sprint told me they will do absolutley nothing, and I can not cancel my contract. I let every single one know my story and how my et4g is a work phone, and it only lasts about 5 hours. I got one nice fellow who told me customer service was first and foremost, and that he'd get me a new phone .He told me to cross state lines to a repair store to ask about getting a new phone. They also told me to eat a fat one. Called sprint back (after driving about 10 miles), and they told me the associate who told me that was wrong, and that I wasn't entitled to anything. Keep in mind, my phone is a month and a half old.

It boiled down to my only options being 1. Another et4g, possibly on gingerbread, MAYBE, they said. Or, I can buy a new phone, with a "100 dollar discount". Yes, I'm going to pay 500 more dollars for a nexus, for no fault of my own.

Speaking to a corporate manager tomorrow, let's see how that goes.

EDIT: I also offered to pay HALF OF FULL PRICE for a new phone. And to give them my brand new et4g for free. No avail.
    08-02-2012 02:33 PM
    Know your just venting m8 but have you maybe tried venting at Sprints forums???

But if your asking for advice... Root your device and install a custom rom... I'm running CM9 at the moment and get great battery life, everything works perfectly and I've got none of that Sprint/Samsung bloatware and I control how, when and what updates I receive.

Oh ya... In Before The Lock Baby!!!!

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)
    08-02-2012 03:00 PM
    Alright so, after trying to wait out the storm/fix the update myself ,I finalyl decided to give sprint and samsung some calls.

Over two days, around 5 hours on hold, trips to two corprorate stores, and speaking with different level managers and supervisors, I've essentially been told to "eat a fat one".

Essentially Samsung told me that no fix was slated, and that they would only send me a replacemtn et4g. Sprint told me they will do absolutley nothing, and I can not cancel my contract. I let every single one know my story and how my et4g is a work phone, and it only lasts about 5 hours. I got one nice fellow who told me customer service was first and foremost, and that he'd get me a new phone .He told me to cross state lines to a repair store to ask about getting a new phone. They also told me to eat a fat one. Called sprint back (after driving about 10 miles), and they told me the associate who told me that was wrong, and that I wasn't entitled to anything. Keep in mind, my phone is a month and a half old.

It boiled down to my only options being 1. Another et4g, possibly on gingerbread, MAYBE, they said. Or, I can buy a new phone, with a "100 dollar discount". Yes, I'm going to pay 500 more dollars for a nexus, for no fault of my own.

EDIT: I also offered to pay HALF OF FULL PRICE for a new phone. And to give them my brand new et4g for free. No avail.
    I got the same treatment. Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-2012 03:32 PM
    Had the same issue with Verizon and I called the FCC and filled a complaint. The FCC got on their case and got me out of my contract, without me paying anything.

08-02-2012 03:32 PM

I am in the same boat, I have been talking with a rep from "dan@sprint.com" since Monday and I am getting nothing. My phone is only 3 weeks old. It was great for 3 days... I am rooted now and will do a ROM in the next few days.
    08-02-2012 03:34 PM

You need to lay the law on Sprint.

I raised hell until they FINALLY sent me a brand new GS2. Fresh out of the box.

They can do it if they really wanted.

Samsung was NO help to me at all!
    They pretty much told me you're SOL.

08-02-2012 03:36 PM
    I'm surprised you'd want a Nexus, myself I'm going to be extremely weary of buying another Samsung phone. I'd read how great the GS2 was for months and waited to see what new iPhone 4s was and did a good bit of research and still felt burned with this Epic 4G Touch. It had (before ICS update which sucks for battery) unacceptable (in my opinion) bugs with never any fix like: Shortcuts for apps stored on SD would be lost when powering off phone, GPS requires power cycling phone to Lock in/work, and genre tag on music would instead pull the song tag. Those seem like basic things I'd expect to be fixed quickly instead it took a full OS update (ICS) to get these issues resolved (at least some of them) and then the ICS update halves battery life. Also shocked at how long it took to get ICS update. For GS2 to get such great reviews other phones must really suck. I don't see myself buying another Samsung phone anytime soon.
    08-07-2012 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD