Why does email using K9 seem to have a mind of its own?

hellomoto921

May 22, 2012
Visit site
OK..so why is it that the K9 email app seems to have a mind of its own? For the past couple of days it seems to stop fetching email at night when I never changed any settings. Another stupid quirky thing is; now when i send emails, the (TO:) field doesn't populate with names from my contacts when i start typing them!!! What is the deal here im starting to get frustrated with how things just dont work well or change out of the blue for no reason!!! Please Help!

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I installed K-9 and ran it for about a day.. then deleted it.

While it was "OK" for my work exchange account, it was just to funky for me. Not having true "push" email was the deal breaker for me, as I need push mail. Having it poll every five minutes seems to me that it would really drain my battery.

So, I'm back to the stock email app - which I hate- because I cannot change the freak'n dark background..

hellomoto921

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree that it definitely does drain the battery if and when it wants to work!. So what are our options as android users? The stock email app is cumbersome and doesn't work very well either.

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a few others but really, my only option is to use the stock email app - which is sufficient for my needs, but I only wish I could change the bloody background so it isn't black!

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I use K-9's paid version Kaiten Mail.

There many options for getting or pushing mail, but sometimes those options are not necessarily where you think they should be.

Look under Global to make sure you did not set it for 'Quiet times' by accident.

Also under each account there is the settings for push and poll and other fetching settings.

But they have to be done separately for each account.

Rob

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: hellomoto921