Screen Issue (hardware related)

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have this happen to them?

You are using the phone and then all of a sudden the haptic feedback starts going off and the menu screens start coming up then going away rapid fire. I cleaned my screen with alcohol pads to make sure that it cleaned off any debris and it continued so I am thinking there is a problem with it. Sometimes shutting the phone off helps, sometimes just closing the screen helps.

The problem is it doesnt happen all the time. So if I take it into sprint theyre gonna think i am crazy if it doesnt do it. So I have to wait until it does and then take it in. I have just been living with it. It really drives me nuts when I use it as a gps. It almost always does it after an hour in my car using the navigation apps.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this from time to time. Best I can see no scratches in the screen.

joe8617

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have this happen to them?

You are using the phone and then all of a sudden the haptic feedback starts going off and the menu screens start coming up then going away rapid fire. I cleaned my screen with alcohol pads to make sure that it cleaned off any debris and it continued so I am thinking there is a problem with it. Sometimes shutting the phone off helps, sometimes just closing the screen helps.

The problem is it doesnt happen all the time. So if I take it into sprint theyre gonna think i am crazy if it doesnt do it. So I have to wait until it does and then take it in. I have just been living with it. It really drives me nuts when I use it as a gps. It almost always does it after an hour in my car using the navigation apps.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this from time to time. Best I can see no scratches in the screen.

Yes, this is happening to a lot of users, including me. There are several threads about this on the Sprint forums, (e.g. http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/458393#458393 ) and sometimes they are described as "menu button" problems. No solution yet, though some people have been returning their phones and being told that this is a hardware issue with the screen. I don't know if I believe that is the problem. A tech from sprint has been collecting logs from users in that thread listed above.

I hope they can fix it.

Joe

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm betting this is only happening to you in very low signal areas. This is where I personally observed it, and others have reported this connection as well.

This is actually a bug in the software somewhere and not a hardware issue. Although I haven't seen any specific source for the bug. It could be in the base Android ICS source code, as I observed it while running CM9, which is based of the AOSP code.

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I feel like if it was a software bug more people would be getting this. Its definately only located in the menu buttons because it happes when in landscape mode as well. Sometimes I actually get no reaction at all when I touch the menu buttons. I actually posted in the sprint forum as well. As soon as I get some time Im going to take it to them to see what they say. Its really annoying and pops up when I need to use the phone most of course.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke