ICS FF18 enhancements listed in Sprint forums

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just posted this on the sprint forums - they were nice enough to post the 3 enhancements that ICS gave us and I wanted to update them on some they missed. Did I forget anything?

Here are some enhancements that were left out of the original post:

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4) - FF18

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Your phone will never go into sleep mode again thus draining your battery without you even using your phone

- We've screwed up your bluetooth so you will get an error message if you try to pair your phone with anything that uses a random pin and most likely you won't be able to pair to anything more than once since we messed this up as well.

- You can no longer hover over the notification bar to see what the date is, now you have to pull it down.

- You now have to scroll all the way to the top of a web page to get to the address bar, clicking on the menu button won't do it.

- We've also messed up your email notifications for you. We thought you didn't want to go to the message that you are clicking on in the notification and that you wanted to use more steps.

- I think we made it more difficult for you to add a bookmark to one of your main screens (I'm going on memory since I'm back to Gingerbread).

- Did I mention that we thought your battery was lasting a little too long so we made the update overheat your battery so that you need to buy a new one (and hopefully convinced you to by an extended battery while your at it).

- We made it more difficult to connect to your computer and access your files.

- We changed around your file structure and added more files to your phone so it's even more confusing to find your pictures and screen captures.

- We thought that the capacitive buttons were too responsive so randomly you will have to wait 3 seconds before you can press them.

- Also we added a nice feature that will forget what you had your brightness set at in the browser - so if your screen starts to go dim and you click to wake it up, we randomly change your screen brightness just for fun.

That's all that I can thing of off the top of my head. Thanks Sprint and Samsung for doing such a great job on this update!

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
UGH!!! I hate the email part where it takes you where you DON'T want to go!! Makes sooo much sense. NOT!!! (dating myself) I thought i was the only one with this issue. I haven't seen much outrage over this 'enhancement' .

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
how about the pixelated images you get of your contacts!!

Thank you. I missed that one only because I don't have any contact pictures. On the sprint forums there are also mentions of scrolling problems with the browser.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget we also removed auto text reflow. We thought every ones eyes were good enough to see small letters on small screens. We also made all contact pictures and wallpapers extra large for fun

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget we also removed auto text reflow. We thought every ones eyes were good enough to see small letters on small screens. We also made all contact pictures and wallpapers extra large for fun

Ha. I can't believe I forgot that one!! Thanks.

sarcigon

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I blame Sprint for all these bull and Samsung for caving to provider pressure.

That is why, I'm updating my phone to that crappy ICS, I'm gonna wait for the real developers to do what they do best.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Way-too-fast scrolling. I give my contacts list a flick and it goes from the As to Ps before I can stop it.

Pun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This is easily the worst update I've ever gotten on a phone. Makes me question my loyalty to sprint, and for my 1st samsung phone it really makes me wonder if I should ever get another one

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I still can't figure out why they would remove the auto text reflow function. I will be on gingerbread for along time. I cannot give up that feature.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
This is easily the worst update I've ever gotten on a phone. Makes me question my loyalty to sprint, and for my 1st samsung phone it really makes me wonder if I should ever get another one

Funny you say that. I left Verizon after 16 years (it was Bell Atlantic Mobile back then) because the GB update hosed my bluetooth and they were willing to give me a non 4G phone for free but I had to sign a new contract. I wasn't willing to go basically 3 years without a 4g phone since I was already a year into my contract. Thought they would care if I left after spending close to $20,000 I'm guessing on cell service over the years but they didn't give a damn. So now I'm a year into my contract with sprint and thinking of paying another ETF. Sprint just plain sucks. God forbid I walk one foot inside a building made of anything other than balsa wood and I can't get a signal. The ICS update really ticks me off but I'm back on GB and doing ok. Even the update I got to gingerbread on my old droid incredible wasn't as bad as this. I think it's funny that a noob like me can find several bugs as well as about a dozen annoyances and none of these held up the update. But if not samsung what else? I'm never getting an iphone and HTC seems to have their own issues. It amazes me that Samsung can sell so many damn phones with crappy radios and crappy updates. But it's the bottom line that matters I guess (not the consumer).

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Oh, forget to add this one: I love the feature that shows that my phone is paired with my wife's car via blueotooth when my wife's car is 20 miles away.

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
We also decided that adobe flash player was not an important feature that people wanted. We really didn't think to inform you that flash would no longer work after updating to ICS. Ha the joke is on you..

MicrosoftBug

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
We also decided that adobe flash player was not an important feature that people wanted. We really didn't think to inform you that flash would no longer work after updating to ICS. Ha the joke is on you..

Lol, Flash works fine for me. All you have to do is download it from the PlayStore.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Lol, Flash works fine for me. All you have to do is download it from the PlayStore.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Done that several times adobe not supporting flash. Some sites no longer work.. Same sites that don't work on my phone ICS work on my wife's phone GB. Just wish I had know before accepting update..

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/flashruntimes/certified-devices.html

MicrosoftBug

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site