I rooted back to GB from ICS due to all the issues, now I get the hourly update reminder and I want it to stop, I want to stay on GB for now. What is an easy way to make this stop?
    08-06-2012 05:30 PM
    Any body have any clue on how tp stop these pop UPS to do the ota update

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-06-2012 08:20 PM

I haven't done it back in think JayWill72 linked to this in the rollback to GB El29 thread. I believe it's fotakill.apk. Weird thing is that I only got it once since going back to GB yesterday. Haven't gotten it since the original notification.

08-06-2012 08:45 PM
    I read that you can install FOTAKill to stop the update notifications, but I haven't tried it yet. I just said "OK" to the update prompt from Sprint and when the phone screen went blank to reboot, I pulled the battery. I haven't seen it since (that was yesterday). I don't know if this will bork your phone, but it worked for me. At least for a while.
    08-06-2012 08:51 PM
    I rooted back to GB from ICS due to all the issues, now I get the hourly update reminder and I want it to stop, I want to stay on GB for now. What is an easy way to make this stop?
    Use FOTAKILL. I had the same problem with the notification I installed FOTAKILL and now I do not get the notification anymore.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-2012 09:28 PM
    I just installed FOTAkill...on rooted GB right now but I got a notification yesterday. Don't want the update....happy the way it is....
    08-07-2012 05:52 AM

Just hit the home key instead of the remind Mr later. It worked for me...
    08-10-2012 01:48 AM
    If it still asks you go to recovery and wipe dalvik cache and cache it will disappear for good then. The problem is its still in your cache.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    08-10-2012 07:30 AM
    Works better when rooted.
    Pp.

Transmitted from the future using gingerbread infused plasma conduit injectors.
    08-10-2012 08:02 AM
    I just rooted my E4GT yesterday and converted it back to Gingerbread. Absolutely hated ICS since the moment it updated. I have fotakill.apk saved to my desktop, but how do I install it onto my phone? I'm really a noob at this and was only able to root by following step by step instructions lol.
    08-11-2012 01:18 PM
    That you just have to side load the app aka put it on your sd card and get a explorer app like root explorer and install through there. ( you will need unknown sources checked)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-11-2012 02:11 PM
    Also the way I got rid of this is by downloading a Terminal emulator. And typing these commands

Su

Pm disable com.samsung

After this you should be able to go into your updates section and click update and It will force close. After that (as long as your rooted) click install now on the android update. It will restart and an android dude will pop up and it will attempt the update. But because you have cwm on your phone it won't work and you'll soon have an android with a triangle. Once your at this point just press and hold the volume up and power till the Samsung screen pops up. Then release power to go into recovery and wipe cache and delvick cache. Then reboot it will take a couple minutes to reboot but once it's up and going you shouldn't get any more reminders if you do it will only be after a restart if at all. I've had it try once and I just went to recovery wiped cache/delvick and it went away again hope this helps people

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-11-2012 02:21 PM
    Remember if you need to update pro or profile after using the terminal emulator option you need to enable Samsung. So same command except instead of disable put enable

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    08-11-2012 05:49 PM
    10-01-2012 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD