08-28-2012 09:40 PM
55 123
tools
    They are calling that Boost phone the Samsung Galaxy SII, not Epic4gT. Obviously, they are going to be almost identical, but the updates may not be directly interchangeable.
    Boost model is SPH-D710BST. And yes, modems and kernels are interchangeable... ROMs on the other hand require some blending efforts to work. But it is possible as I proved with FF18/FG31 blend project.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    08-23-2012 10:39 PM
    These issues you speak of... like Vlingo, that is an app issue not an OS issue. And the roaming indicator.. please specify the issue you are referring to. Because I have not once seen any issue pertaining the roaming indicator on any of the ICS ROMS that I have tested since january.
    I have also had the roaming thing come on and have definitely not been in a roaming area. That never happened before ICS.

The number of bars in my house is also significantly less. Not sure if it is the signal or just the indicator.
    08-24-2012 07:43 AM
    Which Rom are you running and are you having any problems? I'm stock rooted right now, but I'm debating going back to CM9 or AOKP (ICS). The nightly builds of Jellybro seem to have a lot of issues.
    Works pretty well even in alpha.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1810315
    08-24-2012 12:20 PM
    Sorry to go a bit off topic, but you went through the Great Optimus S GB fiasco of 2011/12 too?! I share your pain...

I just switched to this phone a couple weeks ago and heard the same thing was happening with this one and the ICS update and I was like FFFFFUUUUUUU........!

On topic: I think we'll get JB...Once Key Lime Pie is out for two months and Lemon Meringue is in the works

Sent from my SPH-D710
    I sure did.. Ended up flashing some custom goodness to it. That thing was the biggest waste of fifty bucks I ever spent.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G touch that's rocking the best ROM on the planet. Rujelus22's The Blu Kuban!
    08-28-2012 09:18 PM
    The apple lawsuits could mean a warp speed update for our phones to get jelly bean if they can't sell them anymore. This phone is still better than most phones out right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    08-28-2012 09:40 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD