08-20-2012 10:29 PM
29 12
tools
    When it pop up press the more info and then pull battery out and it should stop I did that to mine and now no pop ups for the update
    On Thursday morning I hit the more details button then pulled the battery. The update request has not appeared since then. Up until that point i was getting the request pretty-much non stop throughout the day.Great simple fix (fingers crossed).
    08-19-2012 06:26 PM
    On Thursday morning I hit the more details button then pulled the battery. The update request has not appeared since then. Up until that point i was getting the request pretty-much non stop throughout the day.Great simple fix (fingers crossed).
    That's the only thing that's worked for me too.
    08-19-2012 09:37 PM
    I just got the system update (4.0.4) available notification and have less than zero desire to change anything on this phone which has been perfect for me in every way. Is there any good way to permanently eliminate these notification/prompts so I don't accidentally accept it at some point?
    I haven't read every comment so if someone already said this I apologize... But here is what worked for me on my non rooted completely stock s2. When the prompt to update appears select "more info" then when the more info screen comes up pull the battery. Don't turn your phone off or anything, just pull the battery out. Wait for thirty seconds or so and restart your phone. I hope this helps. I did this a week ago and haven't been bothered since.
    08-20-2012 12:27 AM
    Raised cane w/ tech support over pushing this crap on me. They couldn't stop the ota, but did say that if you continue to ignor, it will stop on Aug. 19th. That's when they stopped pushing it out to the masses.

Tier 1 tech claimed this OTA had all the fixes. I told him whomever told him that is a F*ing LIAR. Tier 2 verified what I told tier 1
    08-20-2012 10:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD