how do I permanently ignore the 4.0.4 ICS update?

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got the system update (4.0.4) available notification and have less than zero desire to change anything on this phone which has been perfect for me in every way. Is there any good way to permanently eliminate these notification/prompts so I don't accidentally accept it at some point?

Last edited:

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If i received a new replacement phone with GB after having ICS already pushed to my previous phone will I get a new update notification?

Mark

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
If i received a new replacement phone with GB after having ICS already pushed to my previous phone will I get a new update notification?

Mark

I'm pretty sure you will get it at some point.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

gmeyer8

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Mark

Yes, I have a few new phones that I got for upgrades and did the OTA and had the battery drain problem. So I switched it with another phone and got the update right away with the same number.

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's permanent, but mine hasn't popped back up in two days. Just press the home key instead of the remind me later.

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Its been three days now and no ICS update for my new GB phone. (knock on wood) SHHHH Don't tell anyone...
I am just getting the voicemail upgrade request that I keep rejecting. I like things the way they are right now.

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Just hit the home key instead of the remind me later.. Mine hasn't popped back up in three days..

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
arghh! i got the update request today on my ICS replacement phone. 3x now this morning...i hit the home key and still got update request afterward.

This is going to get old really fast.

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was just playing with my phone when the update request came across ,again,I came very close to hitting the update now button inadvertently while touching the screen for something else.

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Press the home screen button when it pops up, and it won't bother you again.

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Let me know how that works for you, our if my phone is just a fluke. Completely stock epic touch.

Patrick2012

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
One person said that if your phone is rooted, just accept the ICS update and you'll be fine. When I did that, ICS took over but I lost my tethering and root. Superuser program was still present but would not allow any program to use it. After updating Superuser program and checking around, I finally reinstalled from a link on Android Central a factory rooted Gingerbread. Then, the wifi tether program. Even though I lost all information that was not backed up, the phone and android have been working great. I recently began getting the Sprint upgrade to ICS notifications hourly and know I will not click ok on it. Reading further for a way to just stop the notifications. I'm sure the information is here. Just wanted to share that tidbit before moving on. Thank you.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got the system update (4.0.4) available notification and have less than zero desire to change anything on this phone which has been perfect for me in every way. Is there any good way to permanently eliminate these notification/prompts so I don't accidentally accept it at some point?

If you want to ignore the update you have to refuse to take notice of or acknowledge, or disregard intentionally.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

outlaw07

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

When it pop up press the more info and then pull battery out and it should stop I did that to mine and now no pop ups for the update

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463