More frustrations this morning ...

wkufan92

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
UNBELIEVABLE !

I get up this morning and a friend sends me a text and ask why I am not answering my phone. Guess what? My phone isn't ringing. I have no missed calls listed.

I can make calls but can't receive calls. The phone rings and goes to voice mail. I have tested leaving myself a message and get no notification that I have a voice mail.

Next, I opened my email app and guess what, both of my email accounts are no longer set up.

I called Sprint. They tell me the phone call issue is because of outages in the area. You know I would believe that but I can make phone calls just fine. Just can't receive them!

THOUGHTS?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
UNBELIEVABLE !

I get up this morning and a friend sends me a text and ask why I am not answering my phone. Guess what? My phone isn't ringing. I have no missed calls listed.

I can make calls but can't receive calls. The phone rings and goes to voice mail. I have tested leaving myself a message and get no notification that I have a voice mail.

Next, I opened my email app and guess what, both of my email accounts are no longer set up.

I called Sprint. They tell me the phone call issue is because of outages in the area. You know I would believe that but I can make phone calls just fine. Just can't receive them!

THOUGHTS?

I'm assuming you are rooted? It's possible that you may need to reflash your rom and gapps. You don't need to worry about wiping any of your stuff. You can go ahead and wipe your cache...that's a good idea to wipe from time to time anyway, but nothing else so you don't lose anything. Most likely the problem is gapps. Just try reflashing that. Gapps would explain your call issues. It would also cause problems with email and sms/mms. If that doesn't work, then you can try flashing the rom AND gapps. Again, I would try doing it without wiping your phone first. From what I've seen dirty flashes will take care of the problem. I saw this same problem with a friends epic, and it ended up being that there was a problem with the phonesky.apk, and framework, and reflashing gapps took care of it.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same thing since ICS. The problem is that I've no idea how often it's happened, all I do know is that my wife (who is the most regular caller) has told me of at least 4 times since last month when she's called and it's just rang on her end with no notification here. I manually installed ICS on my unrooted E4GT on the release day and this had never happened before then.