How do I get ICS

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have sprint epic 4g touch but have not gotten the ICS update? Don't know, maybe it's a blessing, but I figure Version 2.3 sucks, how much worse can a new version be?

Uggh, Samsung were complete idiots not buying WebOS.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Or go to Manage Applications, All, Google Framework Services, click that and hit "clear data" and "clear cache" if possible.

You can now go to settings, About Phone, Updates, Android Update, and it'll be downloading ICS. If not, wait 5 minutes, and then it will.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
LoL... you must have that link saved to your clipboard m8.... :thumbup:

Sent From My Galaxy Class Star Fighter...

I don't, but I should. If people would just look in the forums for 2 minutes they would usually get the answer to their question before they ask it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I did this on 2 stock one week old Galaxy 2s. Went fine with no problems. Have to use micro sd card.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I figure Version 2.3 sucks, how much worse can a new version be?
I used to think the same thing... then I got ICS.

Sprint took all of their towers offline for repair here the day after I updated, so all service is coming from distant towers which supply a shoddy 3G connection- meaning I can't download the required files to go back to Gingerbread.

Some people have been very happy with ICS, but if I could do it all over again I never would have updated.
I don't mind the freezing, crashing, lagging, or horrendous battery life as much as the fact I can no longer use FoxFi and sync my music to DoubleTwist.

Android 4.0.4 in conjunction with Sprint's tower maintenance have reduced my phone to a very expensive paperweight.
I'm just hoping maybe my phone could be one of those lucky few that gets bricked for no reason... (all of my data is backed up!)

By all means, update to ICS, just consider percentage of us who are dissatisfied with it.