how do i uninstall google voice?

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I installed it while running aokp rom and now i cant get rid of it. I went back to stockstock because of horrible battery life and i want regular old visual voicemail. When i recieve calls i have to press talk and then it asks me if i want to receive calls press 1. I need help in getting rid of it.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've never used 100% Google voice, only the VVM portion, but it sounds like you setup the whole thing, Google Voice number and all? Anyhoo, don't forget that Google still has a pretty decent search engine ...

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&..._cp.r_qf.&fp=215a8248afbd2d8&biw=1920&bih=995

Second link on the search has instructions on how to disable it on Sprint ...

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&..._cp.r_qf.&fp=215a8248afbd2d8&biw=1920&bih=995

Also ...

Deactivate Google voicemail on your phone

Deleting your phone from Google Voice will not actually prevent your voicemail calls from going to Google voicemail. In order to switch back to your carrier's voicemail and deactivate your Google voicemail on your phone, click the gear icon at the top right of the Google Voice page, and select Voice settings. Then, select the Phones tab and click on Edit Select Deactivate and follow the prompts.

Firefyter

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I use it on my Sprint GNexus and I love it. You can either deactivate it entirely or you can turn off the call screening under "Settings", then "Calls" and just fix the "Press 1" issue.....

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried it a while ago and didn't like it. I remember having to go in the Gmail settings on my computer and also disabling it on my phone. Don't remember exactly how I did it but you can always google it.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Go into your Gmail account on your computer and disable it. Its very easy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums