Unbelieveable. I'm not rooted and my phone bricked.

mightymikek83

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Today at work I went to make a phone call and noticed my phone wouldn't turn on. I pulled the battery and it brought me to a screen that said

"encryption failed" with a note saying I need to do a factory reset, etc and i'll lose all data. I was pissed and after an hour i decided to press the reset button...but nothing happened. It just wouldn't push.

I removed the battery again and now it's stuck at the "SAMSUNG GALAXY S2" screen for life. It won't turn on or off and won't go any further.

I tried hard resets from the volume rockers, etc and won't work.

My phone turned to a POS ever since that ICS update and now my phone is a paper weight!

AARRGGGHHH!!!:mad:

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup you are a victim of samsungs epic failure on the ICS Update. They added a command line to there kernel that will randomly brick the /data partition if someone wipes data inside recovery whether its secured samsung recovery or unlocked Clockworkmod recovery. You are the 12th victim that I know of bricking there device without rooting.

mightymikek83

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Bought a Gnex that Sprint so kindly paid for...

Man what they'll do to keep customers :rolleyes:

After four long miserable hours in the Sprint store, the tech asked if I rooted the phone. I politely told him no, I'm always stock and he said "OK here is a new epic, just don't accept the update"... You kidding!? I gotta see this damn update msg over and over and avoid it like plague?? Blah

How do I get a gnex?? I'm not dealing with this non sense. I'm nervous to re install ICS-- scarred me.

Also there were four people ahead of me who were flashed back to gingebread. All were pissed.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay funny thing happened to me today. My SGII updated to ICS unintentionally. I'm not rooted at all. I guess the way it was in my pocket I managed to hit the install NOW. Phone went nuts after the update. First I was stuck at Sprint screen then at the Samsung Galaxy 2 screen. Phone froze up so I restarted but got stuck again at Samsung Galaxy 2 screen. I pulled the battery out then put it back in. Phone restarted then it got temperature hot. I removed my SD card then did a factory reset. Phone still froze after I made a call, it was stuck at one of my contact screens.

Went down to Sprint store & tech put back GB for me. Told me if I continue to have freezing issues of the phone he would order me a brand spanking new one. I don't know if it's because I have insurance on the phone but the customer service dude didn't even do a work repair tag. Tech told him no need cause he can just put back GB on phone and did it in 20 minutes. :)
Tech also told me it was their fault for the problems they've been having with SGII ICS update. He said SAMSUNG gives Sprint the firmware & it's just uploaded to their servers to do the OTA updates.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
After four long miserable hours in the Sprint store, the tech asked if I rooted the phone. I politely told him no, I'm always stock and he said "OK here is a new epic, just don't accept the update"... You kidding!? I gotta see this damn update msg over and over and avoid it like plague?? Blah

How do I get a gnex?? I'm not dealing with this non sense. I'm nervous to re install ICS-- scarred me.

Also there were four people ahead of me who were flashed back to gingebread. All were pissed.

They offer very few people the Gnex, and it's usually random. I have a friend that was offered it but he declined.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2