Today at work I went to make a phone call and noticed my phone wouldn't turn on. I pulled the battery and it brought me to a screen that said

"encryption failed" with a note saying I need to do a factory reset, etc and i'll lose all data. I was pissed and after an hour i decided to press the reset button...but nothing happened. It just wouldn't push.

I removed the battery again and now it's stuck at the "SAMSUNG GALAXY S2" screen for life. It won't turn on or off and won't go any further.

I tried hard resets from the volume rockers, etc and won't work.

My phone turned to a POS ever since that ICS update and now my phone is a paper weight!

AARRGGGHHH!!!
    08-10-2012 02:07 PM
    Yup you are a victim of samsungs epic failure on the ICS Update. They added a command line to there kernel that will randomly brick the /data partition if someone wipes data inside recovery whether its secured samsung recovery or unlocked Clockworkmod recovery. You are the 12th victim that I know of bricking there device without rooting.
    08-10-2012 03:07 PM
    Wow. Can't stuff like this turn into a lawsuit ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-10-2012 07:06 PM
    Would jtag fix this issue?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    08-11-2012 01:13 AM
    Same here. Bought a Gnex that Sprint so kindly paid for...

Man what they'll do to keep customers :rolleyes:
    08-11-2012 01:48 AM

How'd u get them to replace it ? Did u have insurance?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-11-2012 03:46 AM

After four long miserable hours in the Sprint store, the tech asked if I rooted the phone. I politely told him no, I'm always stock and he said "OK here is a new epic, just don't accept the update"... You kidding!? I gotta see this damn update msg over and over and avoid it like plague?? Blah

How do I get a gnex?? I'm not dealing with this non sense. I'm nervous to re install ICS-- scarred me.

Also there were four people ahead of me who were flashed back to gingebread. All were pissed.
    08-11-2012 04:16 AM
    Okay funny thing happened to me today. My SGII updated to ICS unintentionally. I'm not rooted at all. I guess the way it was in my pocket I managed to hit the install NOW. Phone went nuts after the update. First I was stuck at Sprint screen then at the Samsung Galaxy 2 screen. Phone froze up so I restarted but got stuck again at Samsung Galaxy 2 screen. I pulled the battery out then put it back in. Phone restarted then it got temperature hot. I removed my SD card then did a factory reset. Phone still froze after I made a call, it was stuck at one of my contact screens.

Went down to Sprint store & tech put back GB for me. Told me if I continue to have freezing issues of the phone he would order me a brand spanking new one. I don't know if it's because I have insurance on the phone but the customer service dude didn't even do a work repair tag. Tech told him no need cause he can just put back GB on phone and did it in 20 minutes.
    Tech also told me it was their fault for the problems they've been having with SGII ICS update. He said SAMSUNG gives Sprint the firmware & it's just uploaded to their servers to do the OTA updates.
    08-11-2012 04:27 AM
    After four long miserable hours in the Sprint store, the tech asked if I rooted the phone. I politely told him no, I'm always stock and he said "OK here is a new epic, just don't accept the update"... You kidding!? I gotta see this damn update msg over and over and avoid it like plague?? Blah

How do I get a gnex?? I'm not dealing with this non sense. I'm nervous to re install ICS-- scarred me.

Also there were four people ahead of me who were flashed back to gingebread. All were pissed.
    They offer very few people the Gnex, and it's usually random. I have a friend that was offered it but he declined.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-11-2012 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD