Second Time

bosox801

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Well so far so good! When the ICS update came out I did the manual update and what a disappointment! After suffering for about a week I went back to gingerbread using the method found here on the forums, which by the way was very simple. Well since it was so easy I got tempted into trying the OTA update since it wouldn't go away. I figured if it didnt still work I could EASILY rollback again. So on Friday night I hit the update button. So far it has been a much better experience! The only thing that seems a but off is my 3g/4g connection seems to be a bit worse than before. But other than that good to go so far. I unplugged at 645 am and am sitting at 39% with moderate to high usage. Which is better than I am used to. I used to have to plug in at lunch time to make it through the day. I haven't downloaded chrome yet as it was very unreliable the first time and I am very happy with Dolphin.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

DubSanchez

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset, wiped cache, and drained the battery 2x, and still had ICS issues. the battery performance was the main problem.

after 2 days of regular use, the battery issue acclimated itself. and I am able to get a solid 16 hrs of use with moderately high use.

ICS is a pain the ass, but I think it just needs time. who knows. Glad to hear ICS is working well for you now.

majstc1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing although unintentional and my ICS is working fine. I noticed before that the phone wouldnt sleep and now it does so battery life has improved dramatically.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781