Sooooo ever since ics update...my phone signal strength has been crap! Thoughts? Suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-16-2012 08:51 PM
    DITTO! Way too many dropped calls! Plus various other issues already reported throughout this forum. Already opened up a ticket with Sprint and will take it to the store this weekend. So frustrated.
    08-17-2012 12:13 PM
    Took mine to the store the other day...and they pulled up my phone on computer and gave me some line of crap how am getting great sevice...would not even check my radio antenna! So done with them....

08-18-2012 06:26 AM
    yes i had same issue with ICS. its definately a software issue because as soon as i rolled back to gingerbread it was fixed. i also had really poor internet connections on 3g and 4g. my upload speeds were faster than download speeds and i live in the heart of los angeles with really strong 4g connections. with gingerbread i get over 10Mbps bursts averaging 8Mbps speeds. on ICS i averaged 500Kbps uploads.
    08-18-2012 09:09 AM
    I didn't notice much difference from GB to ICS, but I didn't stay on stock ICS for very long either. I flashed the latest leaked FH13 modem yesterday and I've noticed quite a bit of improvement, although I did get LOS once, whereas I hadn't experienced it before.

Btw I don't get 4G anywhere around here so I'm just going by 3G and phone signal.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    08-18-2012 09:20 AM
    I didn't notice much difference from GB to ICS, but I didn't stay on stock ICS for very long either. I flashed the latest leaked FH13 modem yesterday and I've noticed quite a bit of improvement, although I did get LOS once, whereas I hadn't experienced it before.

Btw I don't get 4G anywhere around here so I'm just going by 3G and phone signal.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    mind if i ask how you did this or do you have a link by any chance? i really liked ICS but couldn't use it because of poor reception and internet. i briefly remember seeing something about flashing the modem but couldn't find anything usefull. did you use ODIN to do this?
    08-18-2012 09:28 AM
    mind if i ask how you did this or do you have a link by any chance? i really liked ICS but couldn't use it because of poor reception and internet. i briefly remember seeing something about flashing the modem but couldn't find anything usefull. did you use ODIN to do this?
    Well, I rooted and installed custom recovery, then you can flash whatever modem you want in recovery. I'll dig up some links, brb.

Here is what I used to root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1721229 I used ODIN on my computer.

I got my copy of the FH13 modem from DK's Jellybro thread, it's in the op: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=198878

Sent from my SPH-D710
    08-18-2012 09:33 AM
    very cool....thanks Zhara. going to give this a go. hopefully it will make ICS usable. if not at least i have el29 on standby :P
    08-18-2012 09:59 AM
    Sprint agreed to send me new phone....actually had great customer service from them! The sprint store people on the other hand...f$@&ing morons!

smurfette8202 likes this.
    08-18-2012 07:01 PM
    Sprint agreed to send me new phone....actually had great customer service from them! The sprint store people on the other hand...f$@&ing morons!

Couldn't agree with you more.

I got a brand new S2 from Sprint. But trying to deal with the people at the Sprint stores was a complete joke. They are useless!!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-26-2012 07:41 AM
    Terrible cell signal over here. Also in LA. Data is not usable unless on wifi (currently connected to upload this post). Wifi connectivity is iffy as well. Really like ICS otherwise. Just upgraded to FH13. So far battery life is way worse than before. We'll see about the radio though...

I called Sprint to apprise them of the situation, btw. They explained it was due to upgrading of the data towers in LA (which I somewhat believe). A coworker of mine also w/ an S2 was tripping so hard over his lack of connectivity he bailed for an S3. Says the data speeds are way better. Sprint offered a partial refund but I'll believe that when I see it on my bill.

Anyway, I'm behind Sprint all the way, having left Veri$on for a company w/ a "greener" vision and a better price point. But they better get something done b4 my contract is up. I'm just saying...

08-27-2012 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD