Stock Email for EAS Doesn't Work After Wipe + ICS

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So I upgraded to ICS and stock email worked just fine, but I did a factory reset and cache wipe to fix battery issues and now I can't log in to my corporate e-mail from the stock app anymore :( Touchdown works, but I hate it.

I tried wiping again with no luck. I did log on to my OWA site and removed that device from my mobile device list (removed all of them, actually, from my past history) and still no dice. When I try logging in there is an entry there showing the sync attempt and it says the device is "OK", but no information on when the last successful sync was.

I also tried wiping the app data several times - no dice. Any suggestions?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So I upgraded to ICS and stock email worked just fine, but I did a factory reset and cache wipe to fix battery issues and now I can't log in to my corporate e-mail from the stock app anymore :( Touchdown works, but I hate it.

I tried wiping again with no luck. I did log on to my OWA site and removed that device from my mobile device list (removed all of them, actually, from my past history) and still no dice. When I try logging in there is an entry there showing the sync attempt and it says the device is "OK", but no information on when the last successful sync was.

I also tried wiping the app data several times - no dice. Any suggestions?

Look in your sync settings and check to make sure the sync icon is green.

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Look in your sync settings and check to make sure the sync icon is green.

It doesn't appear in my sync settings because I can't even get it to connect since I get the "Unable to connect server" error when I log in (though the exact same settings work with Moxier, Touchdown, and Road Sync - none of those integrate as well as stock e-mail though)

Elton

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't appear in my sync settings because I can't even get it to connect since I get the "Unable to connect server" error when I log in (though the exact same settings work with Moxier, Touchdown, and Road Sync - none of those integrate as well as stock e-mail though)

Elton

Factory reset , and if that doesn't work contact your network administrator , and ask do you need any certificate-based authentication to access the server .

Fatherboard

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
When you go to the email app, go to settings and change the fint size to NORMAL. for some reason the ics update switches it to small

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset , and if that doesn't work contact your network administrator , and ask do you need any certificate-based authentication to access the server .

Already tried this, as mentioned in my initial post. My company wouldn't provide any additional support and just said to use Touchdown instead since only my phone appears to not work. I do need SSL to connect and SSL is enabled.

When you go to the email app, go to settings and change the fint size to NORMAL. for some reason the ics update switches it to small

I can't get past the login screen - there is no font size option and I don't think that'll impact authentication.

Elton

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Wait, what does font have to do with authentication?

......................................__.............
.............................,-~*`?lllllll`*~,...........
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll?`*-,...
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,.
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\..
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,.
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(?`*,`,.
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)
.................\,-*`?,*`)............,-~*`~................/..
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.......
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../..........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,.....

Reactions: Corrupt_Data