Hey guys. I've been following dk for a while and even help tested him on stable 3 and through trial and error now there is stable 4.

But I'm confused call me a noob on this but I don't know really the difference between the aokp rom and the cm9 rom. Now I've been trying over and over again with dks roms and I always end up having a problem whether its boot or deep sleep Los SD card error. But then I went ahead and tested chris41g lastest cm9 experimental Sunday funday and ing thing is rock solid. Aside from still having trouble updating profile and prl the thing is awesome. But my only question is what's the difference? Kernal? Cuz appearance wise then both work the same. I guess what's the difference between the two?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-19-2012 07:41 PM
    Aokp is based off of cm source code. Dks aokp is a port of aokp from a different device I am pretty sure. Although I do not know currently what device. You have aosp which is pretty much straight up Google. Then you have cm which takes also to another level. Adding in more tweaks also more customization. Then you have aokp which takes a lot from cm and also adds its own twists on the recipe. I love using aokp. Although the new stable 4 was a little laggy I have swapped the kernel with another and that went away. Also with the pegasusq scheduled with sio battery is awesome. Chris 41g takes cm from source code and compiles it himself meaning its a source built rom. Some people take source put in their mods to it like Chris then compile. Others take a previously compiled rom and adds in their mods like dk. Neither is better than the other. Also I would think it would be harder to reverse engineer something. If I am wrong someone please correct me down below I am also just learning

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    xe4zy likes this.
    08-19-2012 07:58 PM
    Aokp is based off of cm source code. Dks aokp is a port of aokp from a different device I am pretty sure. Although I do not know currently what device. You have aosp which is pretty much straight up Google. Then you have cm which takes also to another level. Adding in more tweaks also more customization. Then you have aokp which takes a lot from cm and also adds its own twists on the recipe. I love using aokp. Although the new stable 4 was a little laggy I have swapped the kernel with another and that went away. Also with the pegasusq scheduled with sio battery is awesome. Chris 41g takes cm from source code and compiles it himself meaning its a source built rom. Some people take source put in their mods to it like Chris then compile. Others take a previously compiled rom and adds in their mods like dk. Neither is better than the other. Also I would think it would be harder to reverse engineer something. If I am wrong someone please correct me down below I am also just learning

....uhhhh fair enough hahaha that makes sense but a physical perspective what are the difference? If its tweaks...you don't really see you just take the devs word for it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-19-2012 08:09 PM
    i ported aokp from the nexus s 4g
    patrao_n likes this.
    08-19-2012 08:22 PM

You are correct
    patrao_n likes this.
    08-19-2012 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD