Sprint Announces Build FH13 - ICS "Bugfix" Update

boXerrumble

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't link to it because the site is (mistakenly) blocked at work...
...but go to sxtp-forum.com/forum.php, find Epic 4G Touch Android Development and look for rwilco's FH13 thread. Post 1 has one clicks for FH13 unrooted, Post 3 has my links for rooted. Easy peasy and no having to wait for OTA.

That's not necessarily the official OTA FH13 though. For starters, the boot screens vary from the OTA FH13 and the Leaked FH13.

If you want the OTA, I'd just wait for it to be sent to your phone, or go through Kies (even though it takes FOREVER, for me anyway).

Plus, the Leaked FH13 gave alot of people, including myself, shutdown issues when in Deep Sleep.

Just my guess, there are differences between the two.

Reactions: Brainerd

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
How do you "go through Kies"? I don't see any update options.

That's not necessarily the official OTA FH13 though. For starters, the boot screens vary from the OTA FH13 and the Leaked FH13.

If you want the OTA, I'd just wait for it to be sent to your phone, or go through Kies (even though it takes FOREVER, for me anyway).

Plus, the Leaked FH13 gave alot of people, including myself, shutdown issues when in Deep Sleep.

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't see that. After I connect to PC and start Kies. There is a start button. No update message. If I start Kies first then connect to the PC, same thing.

If I go to the Kies address in my browser, it just looks normal with no update notice.

When you connect your phone to your PC and start Kies, there is an upgrade firmware option (if there is one available, and FH13 is available).

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that. After I connect to PC and start Kies. There is a start button. No update message. If I start Kies first then connect to the PC, same thing.

If I go to the Kies address in my browser, it just looks normal with no update notice.

Close everything you're using. Open Samsung Kies (INSTALLED VERSION NOT KIES AIR). Plug your phone in. You will see it connecting. After it connects, a windows will pop up saying a newer firmware is available. Common sense for the rest, my friend. :):cool::)

Reactions: Brainerd

boXerrumble

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Close everything you're using. Open Samsung Kies (INSTALLED VERSION NOT KIES AIR). Plug your phone in. You will see it connecting. After it connects, a windows will pop up saying a newer firmware is available. Common sense for the rest.

Pretty much this ^

Also, if you're updating through Kies, some people I've talked to have said that they updated from EL29, so apparently if you have one of the other official OTA versions other than FF18, apparently it still works.

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Never used the installed version. Downloading now.

Close everything you're using. Open Samsung Kies (INSTALLED VERSION NOT KIES AIR). Plug your phone in. You will see it connecting. After it connects, a windows will pop up saying a newer firmware is available. Common sense for the rest, my friend. :):cool::)

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just updated using Kies (not Kies Air)

Here is the link to the software: Kies Software

Installing Kies does take a veeeeery loooong time. It is a 2 beer install onto your computer. Once installed I opened the program on my computer, plugged in my SII, via USB, and Kies told me there was an update available. I accepted the update and it was a 1.5 beer download and update process.

No time to test the phone, or have more beer...as that would not be advisable at this moment. But, this is a much better way than waiting for the OTA. Once they issue the next bug update that fixes FH13, I'll also do it via Kies.

Reactions: wildacex187

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Crawj on XDA confirmed match by MD5 checksums. Only change that I did from leak was add root.

Sent from my SPH-D710

boXerrumble

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Crawj on XDA confirmed match by MD5 checksums. Only change that I did from leak was add root.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Yeah, again, I don't get why my phone acted differently each time. The thread over on XDA talks about a possible problem with the bootloader on the leak.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Rwilco found a problem with his unrooted.. Mine have been OK apparently. You can find them in post #3 of his thread.

Or wait for FH23 which hopefully will be leaked soon... Then rooted shortly after :D

Sent from my SPH-D710

tallbruva

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
My battery life tanked big time with this update. Had 100% battery when i installed the update. After the reboot it said I had 70%. Charged it back to 100%. I've been doing the same things I normally do and after 2hr and 9 min, I'm down to 16%. I would be at the low 80%...maybe mid 70's at this point.

I'm draining the battery completely and letting it recharge again to see if that does anything for it. If not, I'm going back to my rooted FF18 build.

On a positive note, the phone does respond a lot faster than before. It's got the performance I'd expect Jelly Bean to have.

Last edited:

aust1nz

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, this looks to have been a failure; the phone is permanently awake and has drained 30% of battery after a few hours and a metro trip with e-reading.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps I spoke too soon. After a factory reset, I'm seeing much better results. (See attached!)

When you did the factory reset, did you clear data on your internal memory also? If I remember from the last time I did a reset, you have the option to clear internal memory but it isn't checked by default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC