09-14-2012 11:02 AM
114 1234 ...
tools
    I received the initial and one update for ICS. I am running "S: D710.10 S.FH13". Two things I have noticed since the last OTA, a few Apps are broke when the phone is rebooted. Apps like National Geographic English, Meteor Shower Calender, AccuWeather, Powow, doubleTwist, report they are not responding to name a few. I have cleaned the phone cache for these apps, but still issues at restart.

The other has to do with Bluetooth connections in my 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L. The phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to my vehicle's Bluetooth service. My wife's phone (older Sprint model HTC) is fine with the vehicle.

Don't have 4G where we live, so don't know if there are any issues there. WiFi appears to be fine. Battery life? Still about the same.
    Factory Reset is highly recommended and needed.
    08-25-2012 01:25 PM
    updated through kies and i love it. FF18 was great for me and my battery could last more than 48 hours on light use. Updated to FH13 yesterday and only lost 5% over night (9 hours) which seems to be even better!
    08-25-2012 02:01 PM
    Also updated through Kies, and overall it feels much more smoother than FF18.

Again, like I said in another thread, this does NOT appear to be the same as the FH13 leak. There are a few small differences from what I can see.
    08-25-2012 02:06 PM
    I just updated via kies i will let the good people of this forum know how it goes..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-25-2012 03:43 PM
    I also updated with Kies. No problems, but no major differences that I've seen either. Battery life seems about the same, but it was OK on FF18 for me too. I was hoping to see some improvement in Bluetooth (warbly phone on HF and skips in music on A2DP in my car), but no such luck.
    08-25-2012 07:09 PM
    Every time I try to check for updates in System Update I keep getting "System in Session" error.
    08-25-2012 09:29 PM
    Kies only.

08-25-2012 09:30 PM
    We're moving closer to Jellybean! But I'm not upgrading from FF18 til that happens. I've had some SERIOUS screen tearing after going to FH13, and still sometimes on FF18. It never happened before I upgraded to FH13. -___-
    Don't know if this will help you, but during the leaks, when screen tearing was a common issue, you could edit the build.prop to fix it.
    The line was
    Hwui.disable vsync=

I can't remember if its supposed to be set to true or false. I'm on cm10 and its set to true. I never see the tearing, ever. I did experience it a lot with the leak builds, so I know what you're talking about and how annoying it can be. I hope this helps.

You can't spit shine Velcro sneakers!
    08-26-2012 09:42 AM
    I did the FH13 update yesterday morning via KIES also.

Process was very simple, I opened KIES on my PC, then the KIES software itself updated. I plugged in my E4GT into the the PC via USB, KIES recognized the phone right away and then before I did anything else, I got a pop-up window which said phone update available. KIES identified the available update as being FH13. I clicked the update button and KIES did the rest. Update went smooth as silk and probably took 10 minutes total to do.

I was on FF18 prior to this update which I manually installed on my E4GT, as opposed to waiting for the over the air update. I was having no battery issues at all on FF18, but it seems like FH13 could even be a little better on the battery.

Just a reminder to everyone if you try this, make sure you use the KIES program you download and install on your PC from Samsung. Don't confuse it with KIES Air, which is web based and not the same thing.
    08-26-2012 10:25 AM
    Dark_Knight2 - Many thanks for your post, seems to have fixed most of my issues with the new OTA release on my Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch phone. To others that may have issues with the new ICS release, check it out. Dark_Knight2's explanation makes a lot of sense.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ser-guide.html

Again, many thanks for your diligence.
    08-26-2012 02:27 PM
    Just installed and updated me and my wifes device,previous posters we're not exaggerating when they say it took forever to install the program,once installed just plug in and update, hoping for better battery life but im a heavy YouTube, Facebook, netflix and veetle user so cant really expect that much better or should i ? lol.

08-26-2012 03:47 PM
    Dark_Knight2 - Many thanks for your post, seems to have fixed most of my issues with the new OTA release on my Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch phone. To others that may have issues with the new ICS release, check it out. Dark_Knight2's explanation makes a lot of sense.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ser-guide.html

Again, many thanks for your diligence.

Dark_Knight2 is banned. My phone will never be the same again.

PS, he's located over there at the SDX-Developers forum if you all use, you know what I mean.
    08-26-2012 05:53 PM
    I got the FH13 OTA this morning. I haven't played enough with it to notice any differences.
    08-27-2012 08:36 AM
    I just recieved the FH13 ota update this morning. However yesterday I rooted my OTA ics ff18 and now I am unrooted because of this new update. How do I do a re-Root update via odin on this new Bug fix?
    08-27-2012 09:41 AM
    Got mine OTA this morning (August 27). No difference noticed, good or bad. I've had my SII for one month, and I haven't installed a single third party app yet. Maybe that is why my upgrade to ICS went so smoothly, and I have had none of the battery issues reported by others.
    08-27-2012 11:01 AM
    just received ota update this morning. Seemed to fixed all the issues that I had with my ff18 via manual zip update. Before fh13 my phone restarted itself 10-15 times a day. I was planning on taking it in to sprint store but this update seemed to fix the issue.
    08-27-2012 01:56 PM
    FF13 received 2 hours ago. Now if I could only get ICS over the air on this Photon!

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    08-27-2012 03:16 PM
    FF13 received 2 hours ago. Now if I could only get ICS over the air on this Photon!

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    FF13? Lol , your device is wayyy behind.
    08-27-2012 06:19 PM
    Woke up at 5:00am this morning, and found the OTA update waiting for me.

I had to charge for a bit before I let it install.
    Installation was quick and uneventful. I'm really not sure what changed.

The only thing I found was that I lost root.
    Since I'd been trying to figure out how to unroot, (I rooted for the first time as a followup to the 4.0.4 update), no harm, no foul.

Haven't used the phone much today - a facebook read and some time with the kindle app were the main uses, plus gmail reading and a couple of map lookups - and I'm now at 64% after 11.5 hours.
    08-27-2012 06:39 PM
    Installed update via Kies. So far battery life is way worse. Almost tapped out after 4.5 hours (good amount of use, not idling). Please tell me I do not need to do another factory reset...?

08-27-2012 11:37 PM
    After a full charge and very heavy use, YouTube,tel nav gps,Facebook,default device settings, these are my results,did not factory reset like i did after ics update.

08-27-2012 11:46 PM
    Was surprised to see the OTA waiting for me this morning (in Detroit) because I hadn't been paying attention lately to see if any updates were impending. Since I'm rooted, I've got to keep shooing it off until an ODIN One-Click becomes available with the OTA, not the leaked version.
    08-28-2012 08:54 AM
    Just received the update via OTA. I live in East Texas. Just curious what are the changes?
    08-28-2012 09:32 AM
    Updated yesterday via Kies. Battery life is still horrid. Did not factory reset yet after installing ICS. Fully charged at 830 - took off charger its not noon and 67%. No use of web, 4g off, etc.
    08-28-2012 10:57 AM
    Could anyone help explain how to disable the update notification, since I'm rooted? I don't want to update and the notifications pop up every 15 minutes.
    08-28-2012 01:30 PM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD