09-14-2012 11:02 AM
114 12345
tools
    I can't use KIES because I can't get my USB to work.
    deedub likes this.
    08-28-2012 02:27 PM
    Update: I caved and did a factory reset. Battery life has improved a little. Getting 10 hours on a charge versus five. Here's my screenshot from yesterday before the reset. Ouch!

I have noticed that the Wifi reconnects without toggling with the FH13 update. The silver lining.
    08-28-2012 05:14 PM
    I decided to do a factory reset prior to updating to FH13 through Kies. I did also did another factory reset after updating to FH13. Battery life still sucks but at least I can squeeze a work day out of my phone before it dies now. WiFi issues seem to be resolved as well but I don't know if that was from the factory reset or firmware update.
    08-29-2012 02:43 PM
    Honestly probably a bit of both, although the factory reset (or doing the full restore one click) has been known to resolve most ICS issues.
    08-29-2012 03:11 PM
    After having Sprint do the factory reset to FF18 I was getting GREAT battery life in Las Vegas (During vacation). After coming back I was starting to suffer from quick battery drains (not necessarily from wake issues). I was also getting annoyed about not being able to stream bluetooth. I'll update if FH13 allows me to stream bluetooth later tonight. I've reset my memory ... installed FH13 and reset and wiped cache. I've spent the past hour restoring all app and in an hour dropped 30% in battery. In all fairness, I'm using 4g non stop through that. Before doing the second reset and wiped cache, I dropped 15% in 2 hours of no use. I'm not too impressed yet. So far the best battery life was after the spring ff18 reset where I lost 18% in 6 hours! But sadly, that didn't last.

FH13 has frozen and turned off my phone on SEVERAL occassions. It also has gone into a loop where it believes it has no battery and won't start. Not impressed so far. Just giving y'all my findings.
    08-29-2012 03:31 PM
    Haven't noticed anything with the new update, but I didn't have any issues with the first one. My ongoing disappointment is that they haven't fixed the issue in the email app where it won't jump to the new message from the notification shade. I have no idea why it goes to the previously open message instead. Quite annoying.
    08-29-2012 03:38 PM
    I received FH13 OTA two days ago, I'm in Florida. I haven't noticed the battery improvement, but did notice that the TWlauncher is crashing frequently (~2x a day). Also, my had rooted version of FF18 before, now it seems that it has a mixed state: the supersuer app says it grants access to SetCPU, but it denies access to itself (!?!?). I'm going to go back to FF18-rooted, the TwLauncer crash is too annoying to put up for what seems a minor update.

** I eventually updated again and got a good install. Battery life has improved.
    08-29-2012 05:19 PM
    got the notification this morning. So far haven't noticed anything other than my phone seems a bit laggier. Can't wait for jellybean..
    08-30-2012 08:40 AM
    After having Sprint do the factory reset to FF18 I was getting GREAT battery life in Las Vegas (During vacation). After coming back I was starting to suffer from quick battery drains (not necessarily from wake issues). I was also getting annoyed about not being able to stream bluetooth. I'll update if FH13 allows me to stream bluetooth later tonight. I've reset my memory ... installed FH13 and reset and wiped cache. I've spent the past hour restoring all app and in an hour dropped 30% in battery. In all fairness, I'm using 4g non stop through that. Before doing the second reset and wiped cache, I dropped 15% in 2 hours of no use. I'm not too impressed yet. So far the best battery life was after the spring ff18 reset where I lost 18% in 6 hours! But sadly, that didn't last.

FH13 has frozen and turned off my phone on SEVERAL occassions. It also has gone into a loop where it believes it has no battery and won't start. Not impressed so far. Just giving y'all my findings.
    I was having the same issues you are having. What fixed it for me was reformatting my SD card. I now only burn about 1-2% an hour in standby, and about 4% with use. You can test this theory first by just pulling your SD card to see if it has any effect.
    08-30-2012 10:22 AM
    Got the update this morning. Haven't noticed any changes yet but I will be extremely happy if this fixes the wifi disconnect issues I was having.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-30-2012 11:17 AM
    Just got the FH13 OTA update and installed it. Looks exactly the same, but I will do a factory reset to see if battery life improves. I was already doing pretty well on GB and on ICS FF18, about 2 full days on a charge, so I doubt I'm going to see anything dramatic. But it sure feels good to have the latest "official" update
    08-30-2012 03:02 PM
    I did the update through Kies since I as getting impatient. I don't know what they really did as I haven't seen any improvement at this point in battery life. I am now considering just rooting JB on it.
    08-30-2012 05:28 PM
    I just got the ota today at about 10am. Installed it and so far the only difference I notice is that the scroll lag that ff18 had is gone now. Battery life seems to be about the same as before. Of course, I didn't really have a problem with the battery life in ff18 like others did, so no complaints so far. :-)

08-30-2012 08:17 PM
    i actually jus received it on my phone not even maybe 10 or 15 minutes ago
    08-30-2012 09:07 PM
    Woke up at 5 am and saw it waiting so decided to update. So far I don't see any difference other than I lost root for know. My battery life wasn't bad before on FF18 before. Hopefully it will be even better now.

08-31-2012 06:34 AM
    Got the update this morning. Haven't noticed any changes yet but I will be extremely happy if this fixes the wifi disconnect issues I was having.

My WiFi would not sleep after the update until I powered down and pulled the battery for a few minutes. Now it seems to turn off the WiFi once the phone is in sleep mode AND it brings it back up once awake. I have had to toggle the wifi occasionally when moving between different SSID networks a few times however.
    08-31-2012 09:28 AM
    Since I installed the update, the stock web browser no longer randomly jumps to the top of a web page on its own. Battery life is about the same.
    08-31-2012 10:55 AM
    I receive my update Monday. The FH13
    08-31-2012 06:43 PM
    Got the update 8-31-12 around 3:30 PM EDT Charleston WV. Wife did the update on her phone and no issues after. Was working good before though. Battery life excellent, wifi excellent, GPS excellent, all basics look great too like phone, contacts, voice mail (have updated version), and messaging. No noticeable issues! Good luck to others.
    09-01-2012 09:06 AM
    Receive the update OTA yesterday and I am very pleased. The battery lasts as it did with Gingerbread the over speed of the phone has increases and it has that snappy feel back to it. The wifi issue is gone it works very well now and I think this fix finally got it right. The only thing I can’t figure out if how 430 meg got loaded into my phone OTA with the phone shut off all night. Very pleased with this update just wish scrolling wallpaper came back.
    09-01-2012 09:31 AM
    I received update today, but haven't downloaded yet. Last update w icecream sandwich ...Sprint blocked foxfi. I have Easy Tether now and I'm afraid FH13 update will block that. Anyone lose tethering with this update.
    09-03-2012 07:11 AM
    I received update today, but haven't downloaded yet. Last update w icecream sandwich ...Sprint blocked foxfi. I have Easy Tether now and I'm afraid FH13 update will block that. Anyone lose tethering with this update.
    I'm pretty sure it didn't get blocked. I haven't seen anyone say it has here or on xda.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-03-2012 11:57 AM
    I received it this morning and so far appears to work ok. I was getting pretty decent battery use so don't see much difference.

09-03-2012 01:23 PM
    I received the update around 6am. Already did the manual FF18 update. I waited this time for OTA. Downloaded and installed in minutes. Phone seems more stable. Battery also seems better.

09-03-2012 06:57 PM
    I just got the update about 3 hours ago. I haven't played with it yet, but the display issue I have been having since the upgrade to ICS occurred still hasn't cleared up and thus, I am not happy.

Hopefully the email and battery issue will be cleared up.

Screenshot: http://via.me/-2yj6ycmhttp://via.me/-2yj6ycm
    09-04-2012 06:00 AM
114 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD