09-14-2012 11:02 AM
114 ... 345
tools
    I just received the notice this morning.....I am presently rooted with ff18. debating on allowing it to go thgough or not. JAY: is there anything to be concerned of since I am rooted? Will this "unroot" me? I have been strongly thinking of going to CM9......10 doesn't look ready for primetime yet. Suggestions???

- - - Updated - - -
    09-10-2012 11:39 AM
    I received my update this morning. Seems a bit snappier. GPS locks a little bit quicker. Jury still out on battery life.
    09-10-2012 12:21 PM
    I am rooted on FF18 and received my update notice this morning. I tried to install but it errored out. Cycled power and phone is back to normal.
    09-10-2012 06:30 PM
    Okay pic reflects post-update battery result from Day one of JB via OTA. Admittedly I forgot I was testing and absent-mindedly charged the handset for about 20-25 mins. But still first day results aren't bad at all.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
    Sent from my SPH-D710
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone Received The Official FH13 Update? Post It Up When You Do-uploadfromtaptalk1347325033180.jpg  
    09-10-2012 07:59 PM
    Well, I got tired of the blasted update pinging me, so I did it. Took all of 2 minutes over wifi. It re-rooted my phone, but otherwise, I don't notice anything different. to early to tell about the battery life as I am charging it now. Still strongly looking into CM9. May go that route this weekend.
    09-11-2012 10:06 AM
    The downloaded update would fail because you have a custom recovery installed. You will need to flash the rooted FH13 Odin one click, or restore your recovery to stock.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, do you know which version (I'm really asking for you to provide the link, heck I want to be honest about it) can I use with mobile Odin app, and contains root with cwm and keeps the data (which I think for some strange reason is labeled NODATA)?

A fellow user who has provided me with all the answers gave me a link but I couldn't figure which one to download.

Thanks

Rob sent this using Tapatalk on his SPH-D710
    09-11-2012 03:08 PM
    Day 3 (or 2) post-update. Battery pic attached. Use seems the same. But something definitely happening with connectivity. Correction may required JD adjustment. WP clock background pics don't load but no biggie.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone Received The Official FH13 Update? Post It Up When You Do-uploadfromtaptalk1347410144822.jpg  
    09-11-2012 07:37 PM
    UPDATE: Well, it's been 24 hours since I did the dreaded update. NOT HAPPY. Mainly as the darn phone is now laggy as blazes and when I make a call the phone gets HOT (111F acording to an app I have). I am definitly rerooting and going to CM9 or at least back to FF18. Anyone know how CM10 is coming? I went on their link, but I see it's not for asking questions...only for testers.
    09-11-2012 08:42 PM
    I was right about Juice Defender it did require tweaking. I had to reset my parameters under custom settings. Also according to JD my battery life is increased by 62 percent over the last 48 hours since the update. See attached screenshot.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
    Sent from my SPH-D710
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone Received The Official FH13 Update? Post It Up When You Do-uploadfromtaptalk1347415131728.jpg  
    09-11-2012 08:59 PM
    got mine a few days ago. ics on my phone has already screwed up a lot of stuff so i figured what could make the phone any worse? patiently awaiting the new galaxy note II.
    09-12-2012 03:15 AM
    Updated this morning, no problems so far.

One thing I have recognized this morning is battery life issues. Apparently when FF18 updated it turned off Juice Defender Ultimate, but since I am don't get out much I didn't notice battery life until I downloaded another battery program (Battery, I also have Battery Widget too) as a whim and found I only had 2-3 hours of battery life indicated. I then realized I had brightness turned all the way up, so I lowered to 50%, checked and Battery program jumped to 5-6 hours of life. I then check usage and the screen was taking up 70% of battery, now 21%. Needless to say it could be usage differences, but I believe my usage is the same. One big difference is realizing Juice Defender Ultimate had been turned off during FF18 update a few weeks ago. I turned it back on to "Balanced" settings and another big difference with battery usage, now the Battery program tells me I have 4+ days of juice on one charge.

Maybe the reason I wasn't having the dreaded battery problems before is Juice Defender, its pretty cool and turns things off and on automatically when it thinks I need them. Like hitting a program that needs Wifi, it automatically shuts down Wifi, 3g and 4g if you don't need them or if connected to Wifi, it always shuts 3g and 4g down. When I leave the house it automatically turns Wifi off (it even learns to recognize my networks I attached to automatically) and turns radios back on. I think it will auto off 4g if it doesn't get reception. One more thing, when the screen goes dark (no usage), JD shuts a lot of things down until the screen wakes up and then it turns things back on automatically.

Hope this helps, JD is a big help and at $9.95 (special deal?) its worth the price versus the big battery or carrying a spare (I do that anyway). Now to read more on what FH 13 does.
    09-12-2012 06:20 AM
    I have the update in fact the first and then the second one (the Corrected one) except for a few extra steps like adding contacts to your phone, much better battery life, one problem is the pictures in my contacts is now fuzzy and enlarged when you select a contact to call, I thought the second corrected fix would the" Fix" this problem but it didn't overall still like this phone due to not having the general problems some are having.
    09-12-2012 07:18 AM
    Got mine this morning and ready to update. Posting pic of batt life pre-update for comparison post update. Expecting the Best!
    UPDATE: Day 5, installed GO Launcher, best battery performance by far post-update. Still showing 99% after more than an hour. I know readings between 90 - 99% are sketchy but my phone always dropped as little as 3% and as much as 9% in the first hour.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    09-14-2012 10:37 AM
    I have the update in fact the first and then the second one (the Corrected one) except for a few extra steps like adding contacts to your phone, much better battery life, one problem is the pictures in my contacts is now fuzzy and enlarged when you select a contact to call, I thought the second corrected fix would the" Fix" this problem but it didn't overall still like this phone due to not having the general problems some are having.
    I believe this an issue at the base ICS level, not necessarily Samsung's Touchwiz ROM. I suspect it's the way Goggle contacts formats the picture, which gets blown up in the dialer. I've experienced this with every ICS based ROM I've run.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-14-2012 11:02 AM
114 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD