[closed][closed][closed]

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hosted Virtual Machine Giveaway!

Contest Closed.

[/COLOR]
Edit: Personally, unless you're good at the command line, I would go with Windows Server then running VirtualBox inside of it.

I'm allowed twenty cores in all. I'm using 8, so I'll allow people a choice of two core or four cores. That should be enough to do some serious math, or get building started.

Okay , so part of my Windows Azure subscription is I get access to use virtual machines hosted on their servers. Since , I only need one VM , I'm willing to give away the rest of my VM quota. I'm not sure how many I can make so whoever comes first gets it.

8 Core , 14GB Memory per VM.

Ready, Set, Go!

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Giving away free hosted VMs!

Linux. Ubuntu.
Easier for the compilings. :)

Okay, I'm going to PM you , your login details. It used Remote Desktop Protocol, so your host OS has to be Windows.

Edit: Or you can use SSH on Linux if your host is Linux, but I'll need your SSH key for Linux.

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Giving away free hosted VMs!

Okay, I'm going to PM you , your login details. It used Remote Desktop Protocol, so your host OS has to be Windows.

Edit: Or you can use SSH on Linux if your host is Linux, but I'll need your SSH key for Linux.

I'll probably try and use RDP in Windows.
If anything I'll let you know.

Mattix724

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hosted Virtual Machine Giveaway !

Not a problem... I'm in no hurry. I just hate building on my VM that I have on my external hard drive because it takes about an hour to build anything. Speaking of... I need to clean up my workspace from the last time I built CM9 using chris41g's repos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781