Hi,

I have the Epic 4g Touch running ICS. I recently moved and my home network has wpa2 aes security. I can successfully connect my phone to the network, (it obtains the IP address and shows that it is connected), however it then experiences "network communication issues" and is unable to actually connect to the internet. I am currently able to connect to various public wifi networks and WEP secured networks.

Has anyone else encountered problems like this on wpa2 aes networks?

Also, my password is long (64 hexadecimal characters), could this be causing problems?

One final note is that all my other devices (Desktop, laptop, printer, DVR) are working perfectly on my home network so I believe there is a compatibility issue with my phone.

Thanks!
    08-26-2012 09:48 AM
    No , my home uses WPA2 AES and I have no issues.
    08-26-2012 12:52 PM
    when you connected to your network did you use WPS or did you enter in the password etc?
    08-26-2012 01:02 PM
    when you connected to your network did you use WPS or did you enter in the password etc?
    Wireless Protected Setup. I'm suck at remembering my password.
    08-26-2012 06:35 PM
    hmmm. I used WPS also. Perhaps the issue is not with wpa2 aes....
    08-26-2012 06:46 PM
    Solved!

The problem was that I had set my SSID to "hidden." Apparently if your home network is set to not broadcast the SSID then there can be compatibility issues with android.

This is something that should be fixed in the future though as it is more secure to hide your SSID.
    09-08-2012 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD