Kies firmware upgrade to FH13 stuck at 0%

KD8MLY

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm attempting a firmware upgrade to FH13 via computer, since the OTA notice hasn't hit my phone yet.

My phone connected to Kies on my computer, has downloaded the files, and is now at the "'GALAXY S II (SPH-D710){xxxxxxxxxx}' firmware upgrade in progress..." screen, and however, for the past 30 minutes, my phone has not dropped down to any firmware-upgrade-looking screen, it's still at my phone screen, receiving e-mails and updating RSS feeds, and the screen on the computer has remained at 0% with no visible progress being made.

Anyone else encountered this issue? Or does anyone have any suggestions, since it asks not to disconnect the phone from the computer.

Thanks in advance.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Since the phone is not indicating that an update/upgrade is in process, I would cancel the update on the computer. Once it is canceled, I would unplug the phone, Reboot the computer and reboot the phone, and then start all over again.
Good luck.

tabascoman66

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
When your phone is truly upgrading, you will get a screen with an Android on it and something about not disconnecting from the source. It will also show an ICS blue progress bar. Afterwards the phone will restart and you will see the packages installing.

KD8MLY

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting both my PC and the phone did the trick. Running FH13 and happy so far. Seems quicker and more responsive.

Thanks everyone for their quick responses.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

sblair1269

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have had the "downloading do not turn off target" screen on phone for over two hours, no blue status bar, no any thing. Any one got an idea or some help? Starting to get frustrated.... and Kies shows that its "connecting" always just connecting...

Last edited:

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Just connected my phone to computer . didnt realize we can do this. need to charge my battery though but if its all good then ill try it later. getting to note ii on sprint (hopefully) from what i saw online there is a hint that sprints getting it. a model number with specs that match the note2 so this upgrade wouldnt' last long but my phone sucks since the last one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88