New Phone?

Which Phone Should I get?

• Total voters

chosenhobo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So.... I got robbed at gunpoint yesterday, thankfully (or not) all I had on me was my E4GT... So now I'm phoneless and living in LA.... What phones should I look at? (Sprint)
It totally sucks that I don't have WiMax now, AND not LTE yet, but beggars can't be choosers..

To my understanding, my options are open to:
HTC Evo 4g LTE
SGS3
Moto Photon Q 4g LTE
Galaxy Nexus

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So.... I got robbed at gunpoint yesterday, thankfully (or not) all I had on me was my E4GT... So now I'm phoneless and living in LA.... What phones should I look at? (Sprint)
It totally sucks that I don't have WiMax now, AND not LTE yet, but beggars can't be choosers..

To my understanding, my options are open to:
HTC Evo 4g LTE
SGS3
Moto Photon Q 4g LTE
Galaxy Nexus

Wow, you're lucky you're okay. :eek:

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Get the next Nexus brand phone this fall. Unlocked and GSM. No more carrier and manufacturer crap. I'm moving to T-MO and eating the EFT from Sprint. After 13 years with them, I'm sick of these "wait for ever", poorly executed updates. Also getting 2G speeds on a 4G phone has really gotten irritating.

Last edited:
Reactions: EggotheKilljoy

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
All that really depends on what you want out of your phone. We can't tell you what to get because you're the one that has to use it :p

I have the GNex and even though I absolutely love it, the battery life is pretty bad. If the MoPho Q is anything like the MoPho 4G, the battery will be awesome. Not sure f that holds true though due the to the different radios (LTE/WiMax).

Brainerd, OP no longer has a phone so I don't think waiting for fall would be helpful for him.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Brainerd, OP no longer has a phone so I don't think waiting for fall would be helpful for him.

My bad. Yeah, tough choice. The GNex would be my slight preference as it is not cluttered with Carrier or Manufacturer bloat and integration. Unfortunately, because of the different radios that require unique drivers, the CDMA GNex's do not receive Google updates in a timely fashion. So, That would be my reason to go to a GSM carrier. With all of that said, I would also be fine with the S3, and not hate it too much over the CDMA GNex.

planase

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Try each one because all have different UI. Also, the difference size of the display and how easy you find to use it. The selection are good.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Your not limited to just those new phones. Plenty of used devices on the market with WiMax.
If you were happy with the previous device look on craigs list or ebay and buy a used one and save your upgrade for when LTE is available in your area.

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Robbed at gunpoint and you want to know what phone to get next... that's life in 21st century LA! Glad you're okay dude. Get another E4GT

I am the Galaxy and I approve this message
Sent from my SPH-D710

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I would say get a Samsung galaxy s2. They are selling for a good price and they are still great mid/high end phones. Also they will get jelly bean soon.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2