With all the issues people are having with the upgrade, why is Sprint forcing it out?
    It seems that if they REALLY sent the upgrade for the users benefit, they would offer a "fix" for all the bugs/issues people are having with it..... or even the option to "go back" to the previous version when everything seemed to work GREAT on the SII.

I'm starting to wonder if this might be a "push" to help the SII users decide to upgrade to the SIII!
    08-31-2012 03:02 PM
    LoL... The one that is being pushed out now "is the fix" to the first ICS OTA. That's why Sprint is pushing it out.

And from what I've read about it it actually fixes a lot of the issues caused by the first OTA.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)
    08-31-2012 10:30 PM
    i never had issues with even the initial ICS push and my phone runs smooth as butter. I think the issues are a mixed bag...you either have them or you don't.
    08-31-2012 11:00 PM
    Luckily I've not had major issues with any of the updates either, but they are definitely pushing fixes. People didn't like FF18 so they're pushing FH13. There's already leaks out for FH23, and I believe there's already an rdf up for FH28. I've heard they're working on JB for our phones as well, but take that with a grain of salt.

I'm just glad they're still working on it (even if they keep failing, lol) and not just saying "Screw you guys, shut up and deal with your buggy FF18." Or taking 6 months to release a still half-assed buggy 'fix' like what happened with my Optimus S and its Gingerbread update. My goodness, was THAT a disaster...

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    08-31-2012 11:37 PM
    Or taking 6 months to release a still half-assed buggy 'fix' like what happened with my Optimus S and its Gingerbread update. My goodness, was THAT a disaster...

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    LmaO! I had the Optimus S phone as well that update to GB was so messed up. I was lucky I rooted that phone to Gingersnap and had no issues! But sadly my phone was stolen. The update to FH13 has been good so far. I don't have any issues like I did with the first update.
    09-01-2012 02:29 AM
    LmaO! I had the Optimus S phone as well that update to GB was so messed up. I was lucky I rooted that phone to Gingersnap and had no issues! But sadly my phone was stolen. The update to FH13 has been good so far. I don't have any issues like I did with the first update.
    Be happy the optimus was stolen, those things were pitiful excuses for phones. Lol now you have an e4gt and i bet you like it!

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G touch that's rocking the best ROM on the planet. Rujelus22's The Blu Kuban!
    09-01-2012 09:46 PM
    Ya... All of what I know about the OTA's is what I've read in the forums. It seamed like a 50/50 mix of people not having issues and having issues.

It's been a few years since I've run a stock device.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)
    09-01-2012 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD