My texts will read the message when I receive it at the top of the phone...how do I stop this???

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    09-03-2012 11:44 PM
    what app are you referring to? stock messaging or something else?
    If you are using the stock app, you can disable notifications from displaying in status bar. I think, however, that disables ALL notifications. And you just want to stop seeing the text of the message, right?

Try it out.
    09-04-2012 10:44 AM
    If you're talking about it actually reading them aloud it might be in "Car Mode". Find in Settings | Language and input | Text-to-speech output | Driving mode.
    09-04-2012 03:16 PM
    If you're talking about it actually reading them aloud it might be in "Car Mode". Find in Settings | Language and input | Text-to-speech output | Driving mode.
    No, he's talking about the content of the text received scrolling at the top of phone instead of just giving the notification icon...mine does this as well. Just like FB, same thing...scrolls the entire message at the top. And disabling the notification stops it but also stops the icon from appearing as well.
    09-04-2012 05:23 PM
    No, he's talking about the content of the text received scrolling at the top of phone instead of just giving the notification icon...mine does this as well. Just like FB, same thing...scrolls the entire message at the top. And disabling the notification stops it but also stops the icon from appearing as well.
    You can use a third party messaging app like handcent and change it in the settings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-04-2012 06:35 PM
    I like SMS popup, personally. Has a setting called Privacy Mode which is pretty much what you're looking for. It's really lightweight, unlike go or handcent, and you can disable any features you don't want.

That's just me

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-05-2012 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD